Dealership BLACKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm posting a link to a spreadsheet I'm keeping of dealerships I've talked to that are outright playing games ($10k over MSRP, wait list - based on amount paid over MSRP, "hang on while I check the information available to me" while not calling back, etc.)

The spreadsheet has Dealership name, City & State, Phone number, and salesperson spoken to.

I'm posting in hopes of preventing anyone else from wasting their time calling these guys, as they're outright jerking people around.

Feel free to add to it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FkaaonezRIXtmuT2clU8X_6k7VNOLPXCXCcp4XCS8Tg/edit?usp=sharing
***Let me clarify that ANYONE can enter a dealer & number into this spreadsheet. Those that have mentioned a particular dealer and a reason, I've looked the info up on Google and put phone number, dealer name, and reason into the spreadsheet - but far more reliable if you click the link and add it yourself.***

I think we should have a list of dealers that will order you a truck and for a ok price.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Already speaking to a dealer here in Los Angeles, near LAX. Salesguy said 5k markup. I told him to talk to his manager and give me a fair shake. If they settle in between invoice and MSRP ill let you know. If they stick to the markup ill also let you know.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Look at it this way...if a dude calls you and says he really likes your house and he wants it, are you going to give him a screaming deal or get as much money out of him as possible. Although you guys think dealers are here to give you a great deal and break even, most these owners have shit to pay for. You know how much gas money is for yachts!?!?!! Seriously though, it's a business and any good business is in it to make as much money as possible. You guys calling are playing your hand. You're going to get hosed. Just my .02 as a guy that's bought a car or two in my life

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a blacklist but... In my mass dealership emailing I just received an email back from Gilliam Motors in Dillwyn, VA. I've already got a deposit down with a dealership that's been very helpful. My email was sent out before the order guides and everything was out.

Me: I'm inquiring about the 2017 Raptor. How are you guys going to handle orders? I'm willing to place an order as soon as possible with a sale price of $1000 over invoice. Is this something that you can work with? Thanks

Them: Yes, we can work with this with a $500 deposit. Contact me @ 434-547-2026.

Jon Berkley
Gilliam Motors Inc
434-983-2026

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cali Dealers

Already speaking to a dealer here in Los Angeles, near LAX. Salesguy said 5k markup. I told him to talk to his manager and give me a fair shake. If they settle in between invoice and MSRP ill let you know. If they stick to the markup ill also let you know.

Have you had any luck in LA?

I'm thinking i'll have to buy out of state and drive it back.

Its a very sad thing that dealers in Cali are such ****** bags!

Reaction score
Hey Guys, new to the Forum, but I have been watching some of the threads and getting great information from all of you.

Just wanted to leave a note that I have spoken with 2 dealers here in Las Vegas. 1st one quoted me at straight MSRP, but going in tomorrow to sit down with the GM and see if they are willing to budge. 2nd dealer said they weren't sure what kind of mark up they were doing, but thought there would be. He is going to check with his Sales Manager and will email me back.

There are 2 other Ford dealers in Vegas, one of which has already been spoken about saying they want 10-15K over MSRP and the other I have never gotten good response from, so not even trying them.

I'll update after talking to dealer 1 tomorrow.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Look at it this way...if a dude calls you and says he really likes your house and he wants it, are you going to give him a screaming deal or get as much money out of him as possible. Although you guys think dealers are here to give you a great deal and break even, most these owners have shit to pay for. You know how much gas money is for yachts!?!?!! Seriously though, it's a business and any good business is in it to make as much money as possible. You guys calling are playing your hand. You're going to get hosed. Just my .02 as a guy that's bought a car or two in my life

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I concur. This should be geared more towards a dealers selling above msrp thread. We have the dealers selling at invoice thread, although it should probably just start over as a lot of those dealers might've caught on to the money they can make.

Everyone wants a deal. I would look for one as well but personally I feel that msrp is pretty fair for our trucks. I also however would not pay for a markup. They aren't that exclusive.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you had any luck in LA?

I'm thinking i'll have to buy out of state and drive it back.

Its a very sad thing that dealers in Cali are such ****** bags!

I know man, its ********.

No luck brother. Some wont even return my calls or emails.
Whats the process for buying out of state? Same thing? Do they just charge you appropriate sales tax?

In regards to the dealer getting back to me, it was South Bay Ford off the 405 and Rosecrans...he wont give me a price, I think theyre just seeing who makes the highest offers. Says hes got a few on the list.

McCoy Mills Ford in Fullerton says theyre not doing anything with Raptors yet.

Ill head to AZ or NV as soon as the order banks "really" open. Are these guys in the queue locking in prices too?

I just want someone thatll give me a grand over invoice. Heck theyll get my service and ill probably even get the extended warranty..,

Last edited:

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Good Dealers in Cali

I know man, its ********.

No luck brother. Some wont even return my calls or emails.
Whats the process for buying out of state? Same thing? Do they just charge you appropriate sales tax?

In regards to the dealer getting back to me, it was South Bay Ford off the 405 and Rosecrans...he wont give me a price, I think theyre just seeing who makes the highest offers. Says hes got a few on the list.

McCoy Mills Ford in Fullerton says theyre not doing anything with Raptors yet.

Ill head to AZ or NV as soon as the order banks "really" open. Are these guys in the queue locking in prices too?

I just want someone thatll give me a grand over invoice. Heck theyll get my service and ill probably even get the extended warranty..,

Yes so same boat, I am thinking Vegas so i can at least have some fun!

I will post if a find a dealer, Good Luck