Dealership BLACKLIST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, think of it this way....

If someone walked up to you today and said they wanted to buy your truck on the spot for cash would you sell it to them "for a good price" or tell them a high number and leave it up to them to say yes or no?????

Do you think you should be shamed into selling your truck for less???

This is the same thing, don't shame a dealership for being upfront and honest about what price they are asking for something they are selling. If it is not a price you are willing to spend then you can always look for another dealership that will.

It is the same thing on the used market for trucks or parts, some are asking over book value and some are asking at or under value.

You the buyer have the final option to agree or not to agree to a price someone is asking for something they are selling...

I think a "blacklist" should be for any dealership (or person) who agrees on a price then raises it on you after you give them your deposit and order your truck saying it is because (market demand adjustment) or some other BS reason.... Yes I had this happen to me back in 2013 when I purchased my truck.....

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another thought... Why add a dealership to the "blacklist" because you perhaps may be a ****** negotiator? I'm sure these quotes dealerships are throwing out have a lot to do with the the approach a prospective buyer takes. For the most part, these gen 2 guys are pretty damn agro and I'm sure they come off even worse to the dealers. It's all a game, play your cards accordingly and be rewarded in the end.

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think maybe "blacklist" maybe a little harsh and I agree the dealers can sell the trucks for whatever they want but I think the list is helpful to help people find a dealer that isn't going to charge crazy over MSRP prices. In reality someone that doesn't care about price probably isn't going to come here and worry about dealer mark up but for the rest of us it really helps us find a dealer that will give a price we all can afford. So call it whatever you want, maybe "decent dealer price list" or something equivalent but who cares about the name, all of us come here to find a dealer that will give the best price so if that means we don't buy from a specific dealer on the list then so be it. Perhaps the dealer isn't a bad dealer but if you give me a price thats 5-30K over MSRP I won't be going there anyway I don't care how nice they are, but thats just my opinion.

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another thought... Why add a dealership to the "blacklist" because you perhaps may be a ****** negotiator?

I'm sorry, were you on the phone with me? I'll tell you how it went on the majority of my calls:

Me: Hi I'm calling to inquire about purchasing a new vehicle, I'm interested in a couple different models I've researched but was hoping we could discuss what my options are?

Salesman (most have gone EXACTLY like this): Which models are you interested in?

Me: I like the F150 platinum but have read some interesting material on the raptor and that intrigues me as well.

Salesman: Oh, the raptors will be in limited supply and we're beginning the price at approximately $10k over MSRP.

There IS no negotiating with a jerk salesman who immediately cuts you off and refuses to speak to you unless you say anything in affirmation towards their ridiculous price.

So, ****** negotiation skills? Okay :/ Tell you what - YOU CALL Veracom Ford or Tubbs and sons Ford (both on the dealer blacklist) which are located in TWO completely different regions, and let's see you put your so clearly more awesome negotiation skills to work.

Bottom line is I started this blacklist as a place people could avoid as a "starting point" so they don't waste their time at a dealer that is likely to jerk you around, laugh at you for expecting MSRP or below, and/or hang up on you if you aren't willing to deal at $10-30k OVER MSRP.

Here's another thought - maybe you're a dealer, who's jilted because he saw his dealership's name on that list. I posted that blacklist to the web via a trackable URL and QUITE A FEW CLICKS came from DEALERSHIPS THEMSELVES. So they're clearly aware of it, and clearly are on these forums and the facebook group, and clearly want to **** you over. No way they're just completely "OK" with their dealership name being on that list - but, **** THEM - $20k over MSRP... quote that to ANYONE and you're an ******* who deserves to lose business.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay okay, I say we all take a big deep breath and get through this together. @armyturtle , I think you are jumping to conclusions too quickly here. @Raptizzle is longstanding member here with some good points. Points, I might add, that weren't directed exactly at you. Why the harsh comeback? I think he made some valuable comments, that if you didn't get immediately butthurt about, you might agree with. Am I Wrong?

I think ANY dealership that asks for anything like a deposit right now, should be walked away from. And maybe blacklisting them is a little tough. I bet I could call one of the dealerships that @armyturtle called and get a different deal. Maybe, like I've suggested in the past, going to and developing a relationship with the General Manager isn't such a bad idea. Nothing against the salesmen, but why not get it direct from the MAN himself. If he declines, then walk away.

Better than any blacklist posted here, the best way as a consumer to show a vendor that you never intend to do business their way, is to never do business with them. Just walk away.

Kinda like when you see a post that you don't agree with, just turn the page and move on. It's easy. Try it, and you'll see your blood pressure lower and your dog act friendlier around you almost immediately.

There, my good deed for the day. Carry on as you see fit......

OP
OP
A

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay okay, I say we all take a big deep breath and get through this together. @armyturtle , I think you are jumping to conclusions too quickly here. @Raptizzle is longstanding member here with some good points. Points, I might add, that weren't directed exactly at you. Why the harsh comeback? I think he made some valuable comments, that if you didn't get immediately butthurt about, you might agree with. Am I Wrong?

I think ANY dealership that asks for anything like a deposit right now, should be walked away from. And maybe blacklisting them is a little tough. I bet I could call one of the dealerships that @armyturtle called and get a different deal. Maybe, like I've suggested in the past, going to and developing a relationship with the General Manager isn't such a bad idea. Nothing against the salesmen, but why not get it direct from the MAN himself. If he declines, then walk away.

Better than any blacklist posted here, the best way as a consumer to show a vendor that you never intend to do business their way, is to never do business with them. Just walk away.

Kinda like when you see a post that you don't agree with, just turn the page and move on. It's easy. Try it, and you'll see your blood pressure lower and your dog act friendlier around you almost immediately.

There, my good deed for the day. Carry on as you see fit......

Valid points all the way around - agreed (butthurt a bit, but agreed) :D

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I visited 6 Southern Ca dealers this weekend, some already on the list. I approached all dealers in a totally neutral friendly manner. I didnt roll in with my chest puffed out saying "Raptor bitch" although that would have been cool too

Most were cluless, some literally laughed, some made up things like "you cant order till xmas" and Raptors will always be limited SVT like the GT350...

In most cases I was the only one at the dealer at 9:30-10am so they had all the time in the world to talk to me.

Ill be truthfully updating the list within a day or two. Im waiting as some said they will call me back Monday...today...and im giving them a lil more time. Im not here to bash but ill post exactly what they said.

I know im dealing with rookies on the front line but some of these guys need to learn a thing or two in sales. This isnt meant to be taken the wrong way but theres a way to speak to someone looking for a $2500 ****** vs a $70000 Truck, BOTH deserve respect however one is a lil less likely to be swayed by rookie sales tactics....

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I did when I was inquiring on dealers. I didn't want to call every dealer and be put on hold by the secretary and then have someone try to convince me to come and talk about it. I tried that for a couple local dealers and it took way too much time.

So I created a Gmail address specifically for inquiring on dealers. That took about 2 minutes. I went to the Ford.com "Find a Dealer" and started clicking on dealers websites (They're all basically the same). You'll have to fill out your name, zip code, phone number and email and then your comment or question. I started out with:
I'm inquiring about the 2017 Raptor. I know pricing has not been released yet but the order banks should be available later in this month. How are you guys going to handle orders? Do you know how you are going to price the orders in regards to the invoice and msrp? Thanks

I did this for about 10 dealers and realized I was allowing them to tell me a price (never under msrp) and then i'd have to counter with what i'd really like. All of that was wasting everyones time. So I switched to a more direct route and copy and pasted the following into the comment fields:

I'm inquiring about the 2017 Raptor. I know pricing has not been released yet but the order banks should be available later in this month. How are you guys going to handle orders? I'm willing to place an order as soon as possible with a sale price of $1000 over invoice. Is this something that you can work with? Thanks

Each dealer inquiry took less than a minute. Just about all of them had an immediate automatic response but many of them I would receive a phone call (didn't answer) and an email shortly after saying either 1. We don't know, and will follow up. 2. No, we will sell them at XXXX above MSRP or 3. Yes, that is something we can work with.

I spent about an hour and emailed 35 dealers and found 2 willing to sell at my asking price and several at MSRP. It was really simple actually. If the dealer replied back with something other than accepting my offer then I would ignore them.

That's just how I did it.. I'm sure there's many other successful ways to do it and I bet you could get something better than 1000 over invoice with enough inquiries

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's what I did when I was inquiring on dealers. I didn't want to call every dealer and be put on hold by the secretary and then have someone try to convince me to come and talk about it. I tried that for a couple local dealers and it took way too much time.

So I created a Gmail address specifically for inquiring on dealers. That took about 2 minutes. I went to the Ford.com "Find a Dealer" and started clicking on dealers websites (They're all basically the same). You'll have to fill out your name, zip code, phone number and email and then your comment or question. I started out with:

I did this for about 10 dealers and realized I was allowing them to tell me a price (never under msrp) and then i'd have to counter with what i'd really like. All of that was wasting everyones time. So I switched to a more direct route and copy and pasted the following into the comment fields:

Each dealer inquiry took less than a minute. Just about all of them had an immediate automatic response but many of them I would receive a phone call (didn't answer) and an email shortly after saying either 1. We don't know, and will follow up. 2. No, we will sell them at XXXX above MSRP or 3. Yes, that is something we can work with.

I spent about an hour and emailed 35 dealers and found 2 willing to sell at my asking price and several at MSRP. It was really simple actually. If the dealer replied back with something other than accepting my offer then I would ignore them.

That's just how I did it.. I'm sure there's many other successful ways to do it and I bet you could get something better than 1000 over invoice with enough inquiries

Glad its working out for you. If I may ask, what part of the country are you in?

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shhhhh acg90, don't give away our secrets!!!! But seriously, while I understand developing a relationship with the GM is the best long term strategy for repeat customers, it's just so much easier to shotgun emails to every Internet sales department within a few hundred miles and say "I'd like to purchase X vehicle for Y over invoice". No hassle, no ********, and you usually find a deal that's fair for both sides.