Who went from Gen1 to Gen2? Regrets or no looking back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn!!!!!!

I was tempted but got the look I wanted with the grandsport. I looked really hard at a16 ZO6 in shark grey with kalahari 10k on the clock for $68k!

Got everything I wanted on the grandsport but comp seats. Already bought the z06 suede steering wheel in suede red rev match paddles and red stitching, shift knob and shifter. Stage two wing kit etc etc..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, that's going to look awesome!

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Lol WORD!

I was amazed at how much more insurance was!

LOL! I'll have to check and see how much more it will be! I'm such an old man now......and with no accidents, I am in the "sweet spot" for risk values and respective rates.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, that's going to look awesome!

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

LOL! I'll have to check and see how much more it will be! I'm such an old man now......and with no accidents, I am in the "sweet spot" for risk values and respective rates.

I have a clean record and 37 insurance was $240 more a month!!!

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Whoa that's high!! I'm only paying $700 a year for my '16 Z51 2LT coupe, and that's with very healthy limits, full glass coverage, and highest deductible of $500. I'll have to check on the '17 Z06 coupe, and will try and remember to report back here. I might be sadly surprised, but I'm really not expecting a huge increase--maybe $850 to $900 a year.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol WORD!

I was amazed at how much more insurance was!

Something's off here. I traded a 4 door AMG (with the M156, one of the best sounding motors of all time) for the C7 and my insurance dropped several hundred dollars a year! Not making that up. And I live right downtown Boston too.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something's off here. I traded a 4 door AMG (with the M156, one of the best sounding motors of all time) for the C7 and my insurance dropped several hundred dollars a year! Not making that up. And I live right downtown Boston too.

No joke man that was the difference between the grand sport and ZO6!!!! I only shopped my current insurance quote online and kept all the coverage the same. Apparently a lot of people total there Z06 and it's msrp is $20k more the the GS...oh and the fact it has 650hp lol

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No joke man that was the difference between the grand sport and ZO6!!!! I only shopped my current insurance quote online and kept all the coverage the same. Apparently a lot of people total there Z06 and it's msrp is $20k more the the GS...oh and the fact it has 650hp lol

Just emailed my insurance lady at State Farm....so will have an answer probably by tomorrow on what the actual difference will be between a Z51 and a Z06. Will report back....

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yikes.

The GS is getting great reviews. Supposedly the best vette ever made.

I borrowed the fender slashes for my Z51 :biggrin: LOVE the competition seats.

YJKUWG8zYOU9vPloAbYkDC_KFhmu5dE7zElCA=w856-h642-no.jpg

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I had a 2009 C63 AMG and OMG did that car sound awesome! It's hard to compare a sedan and a Stingray coupe, but I may have enjoyed that C63 even more.....but that will likely change when the Z06 pulls into the garage :) .

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Yikes.

The GS is getting great reviews. Supposedly the best vette ever made.

I borrowed the fender slashes for my Z51 :biggrin: LOVE the competition seats.

YJKUWG8zYOU9vPloAbYkDC_KFhmu5dE7zElCA=w856-h642-no.jpg

Very nice! She's sexy!!

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice C7! Add the side skirts to complete that splitter:)

Sorry for the vette thread jack op.

I went Watkins glen grey, black wheels, red calipers, Carbon flash badges and mirrors. Red interior. My insurance is aprox. $890 a yr with $500 deductible and basically the highest injury/property damage coverage. I was shocked how much they wanted but didn't shop around either.

e3d9a4279b3922286219b1b178091c34.jpg

Last edited:

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2009 C63 AMG and OMG did that car sound awesome! It's hard to compare a sedan and a Stingray coupe, but I may have enjoyed that C63 even more.....but that will likely change when the Z06 pulls into the garage :) .

Dude, I had a 2012 C63. The M156 will forever be a sweet mistress that I will miss dearly. That motor set the bar so high on exhaust note and feel, that everything else is and will likely be a disappointment.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Vette. My first ever American car and I adore it. But the exhaust note and the lazy engine leaves me feeling a little flat. It's a looker though, and everyone's happy to see you, as opposed to when you are in a European car.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Nice C7! Add the side skirts to complete that splitter:)

Sorry for the vette thread jack op.

I went Watkins glen grey, black wheels, red calipers, Carbon flash badges and mirrors. Red interior. My insurance is aprox. $890 a yr with $500 deductible and basically the highest injury/property damage coverage. I was shocked how much they wanted but didn't shop around either.

e3d9a4279b3922286219b1b178091c34.jpg

VERY nice! No fender slashes? I am glad to see you didn't get the hood graphics etc.