Who went from Gen1 to Gen2? Regrets or no looking back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I don't know that I'd have the balls to admit going from a G1 to an FJ Cruiser. Ouch!

LOL. Well I did sell my 2011 for more than I paid and got the FJ at invoice. Today, 5 years later the FJ is worth $5k-$6k more than I paid. So I got paid just over $2k to drive a Raptor and $5k to drive the FJ. Not so bad. The dealer I bought my 2011 is saving me a 2018 spot. As soon as the order banks open (allegedly 5/15) I will place my order. Ready to be back in a Raptor.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL. Well I did sell my 2011 for more than I paid and got the FJ at invoice. Today, 5 years later the FJ is worth $5k-$6k more than I paid. So I got paid just over $2k to drive a Raptor and $5k to drive the FJ. Not so bad. The dealer I bought my 2011 is saving me a 2018 spot. As soon as the order banks open (allegedly 5/15) I will place my order. Ready to be back in a Raptor.

Those plastic things hold their value? Color me surprised. You'll love the 2018.

Glad you have a sense of humor!

OP
OP
M

Marcsc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha okay so beyond the cupholder not holding a 32oz gatorade and stretching to reach the door controls.....any other big "damn that was better in my Gen1" complaints out there?

Through a little research I did found out we can convert from MFT to Sync3 like the '17 has, just runs $2k....but it's 100% plug and play.

They have 1 more allocation and a AG Screw with orange/CF interior is calling my name...ughhh promised myself I wouldn't sell out.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha okay so beyond the cupholder not holding a 32oz gatorade and stretching to reach the door controls.....any other big "damn that was better in my Gen1" complaints out there?

Through a little research I did found out we can convert from MFT to Sync3 like the '17 has, just runs $2k....but it's 100% plug and play.

They have 1 more allocation and a AG Screw with orange/CF interior is calling my name...ughhh promised myself I wouldn't sell out.

Watch the fast lane truck video just released. Sell out. [emoji3]

OP
OP
M

Marcsc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Watch the fast lane truck video just released. Sell out. [emoji3]

Hahaha, just went on youtube and saw they posted this exact comparison 17 hours ago. It was meant to be haha....ok watching the video now

*ok hold strong and don't sell out

Dr. Hunter

Reaction score
I traded in 13 gen 1 for a fully loaded gen 2 and there is no comparison. The gen 2 is much nicer.

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd never buy a first year product, unless you like being a tester.

I have been a (tester) of first models vehicles for years with no issues.

The gen2 is amazing love it so far. Once again they hit it out of the park. That being said I would still drive the shit out of a heavily modded gen1 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went from a 12 to a 14 to a 17.
Glad I did, the truck is better in so many ways.
It will never be a Gen 1. It feels much more updated and while the turbo motor takes getting used to, its fun to drive.
Im glad I made the jump, no issues to report as of yet.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from a 2010 to a 2017 just a couple weeks ago. Definitely no regrets whatsoever! I completely love the new one. Mine is lightning blue, 802A, SCREW, carbon fiber, tech package, and sun roof. I am still discovering new tech built into this truck almost daily. I paid more of a premium to upgrade than you would with your 14, and still very happy!