Who went from Gen1 to Gen2? Regrets or no looking back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is this thread 80% Corvette talk? Did all 40-50 Corvette forums close?

LOL! Because it was hijacked by a bunch of Vette enthusiasts who love Raptors!
Even more amusing to you, I've never even been to a Corvette forum....but apparently I found my home here on FRF for both. One stop shopping :waytogo:.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

I hear you man, I hear you. I put my vette away beginning of last November and haven't driven it since. Part of it is also because of the summer only tires it came with, but yes, its a 6 month car only.

Does the 1LZ come better equipped than the 1LT? Heated seats, memory seats, HUD? What about the leather trim on the inside?

Either way, we are talking about a major first world problem here :) "should autophanatic's second $90k car be nicer?" hahaha

Haha you describe the problem perfectly, such a crisis!
The 1LZ does not come with heated or memory seats, but you do get the HUD. Seats are the same perforated Mulan leather, but without the "vented" option, which comes with the next level up, the 2LZ. The 1LZ is also missing the front curb view cameras, the higher level 10 speaker Bose sound (1LZ comes with 9 speaker Bose), Universal Home Remote, and a few other odds and ends. There's a $3,565 difference in the trim levels. Ok. I just convinced myself to not be a cheapskate; I'm getting the 2LZ :driver:.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL! Because it was hijacked by a bunch of Vette enthusiasts who love Raptors!
Even more amusing to you, I've never even been to a Corvette forum....but apparently I found my home here on FRF for both. One stop shopping :waytogo:.

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

Haha you describe the problem perfectly, such a crisis!
The 1LZ does not come with heated or memory seats, but you do get the HUD. Seats are the same perforated Mulan leather, but without the "vented" option, which comes with the next level up, the 2LZ. The 1LZ is also missing the front curb view cameras, the higher level 10 speaker Bose sound (1LZ comes with 9 speaker Bose), Universal Home Remote, and a few other odds and ends. There's a $3,565 difference in the trim levels. Ok. I just convinced myself to not be a cheapskate; I'm getting the 2LZ :driver:.

wow, if the difference is only $3500, yeah, I can see it makes total sense to bite the bullet.

On the 3LT versus 1LT, I am not an audiophile, and in general don't care for upgraded sound systems. I also have not used any of the nav systems in the last 4-5 cars since smartphone navs are so much better these days. So I won't pay for that either, if I had an option. But you don't. 3LT / 802 etc. always come with upgraded sound and nav, which is a bummer.

The other features that come with 2lt / 3lt like home link, upgraded leather trim panels, stitching etc. are very nice to have and I appreciate those.

The biggest reason I wanted a 3LT is because I was going from several European cars to my first ever American car and wanted the nicest package possible. I also was dead set on getting competition seats for the same reason. The seats in my AMG that I traded in were beyond sporty/aggressive and I loved them, and I didn't want to 'downgrade'

I'd love to have a Z06 someday. Ferrari-killer right there, and the widebody is gorgeous. Possibly the best evolution of the C7's design language.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow, if the difference is only $3500, yeah, I can see it makes total sense to bite the bullet.

On the 3LT versus 1LT, I am not an audiophile, and in general don't care for upgraded sound systems. I also have not used any of the nav systems in the last 4-5 cars since smartphone navs are so much better these days. So I won't pay for that either, if I had an option. But you don't. 3LT / 802 etc. always come with upgraded sound and nav, which is a bummer.

The other features that come with 2lt / 3lt like home link, upgraded leather trim panels, stitching etc. are very nice to have and I appreciate those.

The biggest reason I wanted a 3LT is because I was going from several European cars to my first ever American car and wanted the nicest package possible. I also was dead set on getting competition seats for the same reason. The seats in my AMG that I traded in were beyond sporty/aggressive and I loved them, and I didn't want to 'downgrade'

I'd love to have a Z06 someday. Ferrari-killer right there, and the widebody is gorgeous. Possibly the best evolution of the C7's design language.

I can totally understand you. A friend of mine has a '14 Stingray Z51 3LT, and the extra interior treatments do indeed look nice. He's a huge BMW fan, so he's used to some luxury too, and had to have the 3LT. I also understand what you mean about AMG vehicles--they are so good! Love the seats in any of their offerings (had an '09 C63 AMG that I LOVED).

Right, the C7 Z06 is a serious machine, and most thought that was "it" for the evolution potential of the C7 chassis. Enter 2018 ZR1 though......that is the true beast, the true end of the engineering threshold for the final C7 iteration! That car will be absolutely incredible....until the mid-engine arrives.....

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I have a 2014 Screw which I still love like the day I first drove it off the lot. Recently purchased a '17 Explorer Sport for my wife, had a call a few days later they just had a '17 Raptor hit the lot.

It's a '17 Lightning Blue 802A, twin panel, forged, tech package and a few other goodies. Love the look, tech and test drive it rode very nice and seemed higher than my '14. Obviously no offroading included in the test drive but from what I've seen/read its a beast.

For those that went from Gen 1 ('13-'14) to Gen 2, are you happy and never looked back? I got my truck at invoice and this one is offered at +1K over MSRP. This is over $15k in difference and just not sure if I LOVE it that much more...lol. Just wanting to see true feedback on converters, any regrets and what if so?

Current love
Rap1.jpg

Rap2.jpg

Rap4.jpg

Next love?
IMG_6651.jpg

I too have a 14 screw and LOVE IT!! My friend just got a 17 scab base model, took it for a quick drive last night on smooth roads. It rips!! I didn't like the new model at first but it seems to be growing on me.