Who went from Gen1 to Gen2? Regrets or no looking back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a deal. I haven't asked for a quote yet, but with the extra rebate, transaction price would be around $76,000 for the car they have on the ground now.

Entirely your call, but I am not sure about going with a "stripper" 1LZ. When you pay that much for a car, it's not just about how fast it goes, you want it to be nice too.

I bought used instead of new because I wanted a 3LT. I like my sports car to also be a luxury car, but I also like my "truck" to have 802 and tech, so I'm a bad judge hahaha

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Entirely your call, but I am not sure about going with a "stripper" 1LZ. When you pay that much for a car, it's not just about how fast it goes, you want it to be nice too.

I bought used instead of new because I wanted a 3LT. I like my sports car to also be a luxury car, but I also like my "truck" to have 802 and tech, so I'm a bad judge hahaha

Well, to each their own. I've been through a lot of vehicles since 2000, almost all of them new. Stripper is a bit unfair, at least to those that might be thinking bargain basement Kia Rio or something. The 1LZ comes with quite a bit of equipment as standard. Generally, I would want every luxury feature, having had many Cadillac's, Porche's, Audis, BMW's, MB's, Lexus's, etc....and did order my Raptor with almost everything possible, sans the kiddie stickers. Another criteria I am looking at though is that I drive my truck year round, and the sports car gets driven, at most, 6 months of the year. So I can likely be ok slumming it in a new $85,000 1LZ Z06. I guess the other part is how I look at the Corvette, it's a great performance car, but it's really an extreme value proposition. So, I just don't feel, for me, it's appropriate to load it all the way with the options. Now, on the other hand, I have also drooled over the Mercedes AMG GTS, or even just the standard AMG GT, and wouldn't mind going hog-wild with options on that car if I was getting it, because my mindset is so much different with that vehicle, versus the American Stingray. Actually, the MB dealer has an AMG GT on the floor right now, and sometimes I think about just spending the $.........

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 1LZ ZO6 is definitely not a stripped model!

For me I don't need heated and cooled seats in my sports car. I use the money for exhaust, CAI, tune etc.

My grandsport is a 1LT and I saved $4500 over a 2LT only thing I will miss is the HUD and the $4500 will buy me headers w x pipe, cai, dyno tune, suede ZO6 steering wheel w/red rev match paddles, suede w/red stitch shift boot and shifter, cover, Wolfgang ceramic paint sealant, stage 2 wing kit, window tint, xpel etc.

Agree on the daily driver raptor mine is loaded and I use that stuff, but not on my weekend/track car all that extra "luxury" stuff adds weight and I won't use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I not sure if I'm more shocked that by page 8 there isn't kindergarten insults being flung around or that its full of comments over Corvettes. lol

Sold my Gen 1 Screw. Debating on getting a 14 Roush Scab or waiting for the 18's.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I not sure if I'm more shocked that by page 8 there isn't kindergarten insults being flung around or that its full of comments over Corvettes. lol

Sold my Gen 1 Screw. Debating on getting a 14 Roush Scab or waiting for the 18's.

Lol some of us are more respectful and just flat out enjoy cars and trucks. Better to share and respect others opinions and we might all learn something, I know I'm crazy right!lol

That's a tough decision I'm waiting to see what 18 brings and might roush charge my 14. Love my current raptor and not all that impressed with the 17 all be it an awesome truck but owning a 14 gen 1 makes the purchase much more difficult than if I owned well basically anything else!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Marcsc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I hadn't checked my thread in a while since I decided to keep the older more loud sister...lol Still happy with my decision and she will be sharing the driveway with a MY '19 or '20.

As for the corvette hijack, all good...would rather have that then the bitching haha. Plus I'm a huge vette fan, my father has a '60 Fuel Injected, '64, '67, '86 and a '17 coming soon.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seems like 2nd gen crowd is a little more friendly than 1st gen guys :biggrin:

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol some of us are more respectful and just flat out enjoy cars and trucks. Better to share and respect others opinions and we might all learn something, I know I'm crazy right!lol

That's a tough decision I'm waiting to see what 18 brings and might roush charge my 14. Love my current raptor and not all that impressed with the 17 all be it an awesome truck but owning a 14 gen 1 makes the purchase much more difficult than if I owned well basically anything else!

Totally agree, better off to just be respectful and try to learn about why we're all here anyway. Like you said, some of us are just auto fans, or fans of anything with a motor, which is why we also talk about ATV's and side X side's and motorcycles. Some like to be crass and nasty, which if that's you're thing, go for it--I'm all for the First Amendment. I've learned to not take stuff personally, which for me, is actually pretty tough. But I'm passed it. Once you start "talking" to most of these guys (and gals too likely), most are pretty nice when it comes down to it. Good forum we have here!

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 1LZ ZO6 is definitely not a stripped model!

For me I don't need heated and cooled seats in my sports car. I use the money for exhaust, CAI, tune etc.

My grandsport is a 1LT and I saved $4500 over a 2LT only thing I will miss is the HUD and the $4500 will buy me headers w x pipe, cai, dyno tune, suede ZO6 steering wheel w/red rev match paddles, suede w/red stitch shift boot and shifter, cover, Wolfgang ceramic paint sealant, stage 2 wing kit, window tint, xpel etc.

Agree on the daily driver raptor mine is loaded and I use that stuff, but not on my weekend/track car all that extra "luxury" stuff adds weight and I won't use it.

I hear you man, I hear you. I put my vette away beginning of last November and haven't driven it since. Part of it is also because of the summer only tires it came with, but yes, its a 6 month car only.

Does the 1LZ come better equipped than the 1LT? Heated seats, memory seats, HUD? What about the leather trim on the inside?

Either way, we are talking about a major first world problem here :) "should autophanatic's second $90k car be nicer?" hahaha