Who went from Gen1 to Gen2? Regrets or no looking back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an insurance update from yesterday, since we were talking about rates, specifically how much to go up from a C7 (Grand Sport or Z51) to a Z06. People won't believe it, but last year's rate on my '16 Z51 was $667.82 for six months versus new quote I received today on a new '17 Z06 @ $657.29 for six month premium. So, it actually went down for the Z06. My current Z51 probably is even lower now too....but don't have a current rate on it because it's on a liability status only right now, since it's been garaged since last October. Anyway, point being, the Z06 is not tangibly more expensive to insure at all, compared to its lesser brethren. Z06 will probably be less than the Raptor when it shows up in a month or less...

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an insurance update from yesterday, since we were talking about rates, specifically how much to go up from a C7 (Grand Sport or Z51) to a Z06. People won't believe it, but last year's rate on my '16 Z51 was $667.82 for six months versus new quote I received today on a new '17 Z06 @ $657.29 for six month premium. So, it actually went down for the Z06. My current Z51 probably is even lower now too....but don't have a current rate on it because it's on a liability status only right now, since it's been garaged since last October. Anyway, point being, the Z06 is not tangibly more expensive to insure at all, compared to its lesser brethren. Z06 will probably be less than the Raptor when it shows up in a month or less...

Wow that makes the decision easier but I thought you said you pay less than that now......for a year. Now I have to go back and read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Autophanatic said he pays less than $700 yr

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Whoa that's high!! I'm only paying $700 a year for my '16 Z51 2LT coupe, and that's with very healthy limits, full glass coverage, and highest deductible of $500. I'll have to check on the '17 Z06 coupe, and will try and remember to report back here. I might be sadly surprised, but I'm really not expecting a huge increase--maybe $850 to $900 a year.

Right here!lol

Sounds like your insurance doubled over the lay over[emoji23]

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that makes the decision easier but I thought you said you pay less than that now......for a year. Now I have to go back and read

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Autophanatic said he pays less than $700 yr

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Right here!lol

Sounds like your insurance doubled over the lay over[emoji23]

Yeah, I obviously screwed that up! Too much going on in my life lol......forgot that the premiums are set up bi-annually. Anyway, good news is that the insurance on a Z06 for me will be less than my current Z51. Doesn't make sense.....but I'm not going to argue :win:.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of insurance rates, my insurance went up $17/ month going from my old 2010 raptor to my new 2017 raptor. I didn't think that was too bad really...

I am 35 with a good driving record, multi car discount, and I also have my home owners insurance thru the same State Farm agent (not sure if that qualifies me for any discounts though).

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I obviously screwed that up! Too much going on in my life lol......forgot that the premiums are set up bi-annually. Anyway, good news is that the insurance on a Z06 for me will be less than my current Z51. Doesn't make sense.....but I'm not going to argue :win:.

Heck yeah now what options to go with!!!!!

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I traded in my 2011 SCREW on a 2017 SCREW. Love everything about the 2017 but there are certain scenarios where turbo lag is noticeable for a second or two and I miss the natural torque/power of a big V-8 especially at low engine RPM.

the ecoboost puts out 76 more ft/lbs at 1,000 lower RPM...

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

Speaking of insurance rates, my insurance went up $17/ month going from my old 2010 raptor to my new 2017 raptor. I didn't think that was too bad really...

I am 35 with a good driving record, multi car discount, and I also have my home owners insurance thru the same State Farm agent (not sure if that qualifies me for any discounts though).

Going from a 2012 wrx to a 2017 raptor, insurance went down...

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck yeah now what options to go with!!!!!

I'm thinking of going with a stripper unit--just a 1LZ coupe. I like some of the extra bells and whistles that come with the 2LZ and above (enjoy what I have with my current 2LT), but what I'm really after is the extra power. If I want the best deal, I'll just grab a 1LZ that is in stock, which rings in at a list of $85,365. Another benefit of grabbing off the lot is that I can be sure to get the current $2,000 Corvette loyalty rebate, which may or may not be available if I ordered.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of going with a stripper unit--just a 1LZ coupe. I like some of the extra bells and whistles that come with the 2LZ and above (enjoy what I have with my current 2LT), but what I'm really after is the extra power. If I want the best deal, I'll just grab a 1LZ that is in stock, which rings in at a list of $85,365. Another benefit of grabbing off the lot is that I can be sure to get the current $2,000 Corvette loyalty rebate, which may or may not be available if I ordered.

With loyalty you can get one from Kerbeck for $69k, 1LZ!!!