Who went from Gen1 to Gen2? Regrets or no looking back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No graphics for me, not on the raptor either. Car may lose all its badges to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, I had a 2012 C63. The M156 will forever be a sweet mistress that I will miss dearly. That motor set the bar so high on exhaust note and feel, that everything else is and will likely be a disappointment.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Vette. My first ever American car and I adore it. But the exhaust note and the lazy engine leaves me feeling a little flat. It's a looker though, and everyone's happy to see you, as opposed to when you are in a European car.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

VERY nice! No fender slashes? I am glad to see you didn't get the hood graphics etc.

Yep, I've told others, out of the 49 vehicles I've owned since 2000, the Stingray takes the crown for most attention. I thought that since it was already into its 3rd year of its lifecycle, the design wouldn't garner that much attention. WRONG! Massive interest from people that you wouldn't think are auto enthusiasts. First time I drove it last summer, and a trip to Costco and the Post Office took 4 hours.......people would just come up and start a conversation with you in the parking lot. Then, later, it got to the point where people actually followed me around town, and stopped and got out and talked after I parked. This never happened with my C63.....and no one ever actually followed me around town in any of my Raptors. So, if you don't like attention, even in low profile colors (my Z51 is Blade Silver), the Stingray may not be for you (generically referencing here).

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do you keep buying so many raptors mr. bumpus?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Because I can :)
all kidding aside the trade-in/resale value was right in par with my initial investment. so since I get bored with things fast this truck has a 2-3 year lifecycle .....
Unless I find a Silver one and not have to give up my 2 children to get it.

figjamy

Reaction score
Love, Love, Love the 2017 over my 2013. I like the early comment of the younger hotter sister. My only complaint is I wish the 17 had the small mirror inserts like the 2013. Yes, I know I get a little light now, but I like knowing what is right next to me. And yes, I know I can buy some but I like the factory ones better

TFord97180

Reaction score
2011 Gen 1 to 2017 Gen 2

I traded in my 2011 SCREW on a 2017 SCREW. Love everything about the 2017 but there are certain scenarios where turbo lag is noticeable for a second or two and I miss the natural torque/power of a big V-8 especially at low engine RPM.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded in my 2011 SCREW on a 2017 SCREW. Love everything about the 2017 but there are certain scenarios where turbo lag is noticeable for a second or two and I miss the natural torque/power of a big V-8 especially at low engine RPM.

its not turbo lag. its computer "lag"

the ecoboost has no lag whatsoever. alot of people mix this up.