Who is still waiting for a VIN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smbecht

Reaction score
Ordered Sept 15, SCREW 802A, unscheduled clean at this point. But when I placed the order my salesman said I would be looking at Feb/March/April, so I'm not expecting any new info for a while.
Same here.

2017svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No more waiting for this guy. Ford SVT can kiss my ass!! Lol
I am tired of no information and Ford not letting the dealers know .
Deposit of $5000 in late June and a vin# late Sept. and then absolutely nothing.
Told when ordered that delivery late Oct -November and still nothing with no info as to when they will be delivered?
Canceled my order and received deposit back today .
Will move onto something else . Maybe a good used 2014 ?
Have fun

PS . Not dealers fault .
Northern Alberta

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deposit of $5000 in late June and a vin# late Sept. and then absolutely nothing.
Told when ordered that delivery late Oct -November and still nothing with no info as to when they will be delivered?
Have fun

PS . Not dealers fault .
Northern Alberta
SVT? If you want it, you'll need a Gen 1.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have fun

PS . Not dealers fault .
Northern Alberta

You waited all this time and quit in the home stretch.

2017svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You waited all this time and quit in the home stretch.

It's just a truck to me and not important. I would have even possibly waited some more if a straight answer was given. But nothing ?
This is how they get away with what they are doing as people put up with it.
I don't need one .

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have fun

PS . Not dealers fault .
Northern Alberta

This wreaks of ********.

You don't get a VIN # without a build date, period. Contacting Ford Performance via Phone or Ford Service via Facebook would give you a build date, especially now having a "Legit VIN#" for nearly the past 2 months.

Reading in to your post history, you put a $5k deposit down in JUNE without ordering information or pricing.

I'm sorry ~ I don't believe you. :biggrin:

2017svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This wreaks of ********.

You don't get a VIN # without a build date, period. Contacting Ford Performance via Phone or Ford Service via Facebook would give you a build date, especially now having a "Legit VIN#" for nearly the past 2 months.

Reading in to your post history, you put a $5k deposit down in JUNE without ordering information or pricing.

I'm sorry ~ I don't believe you. :biggrin:

Well your a lot smarter then the dealer is I guess ?
I don't ********* and could care less what you think.
I am done with it .
This was the vin # 1FTFW1RG2HFA37204

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered mine in July and my dealer didn't want me to get my hopes up for a quick delivery. She told me I probably wouldn't see it until the end of the year. Her guesstimate was pretty accurate. I got my vin# and build date last week and it's scheduled to be built the first week of December.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered Team Ford in Vegas on 7-26 Got my Dora 8-1 All i get out of Ford Service is Nothing this week, Check back next week. This has been very frustrating from the beginning and its not getting any better. My worst car buying experience ever!
All Ford has to do is say its going to be built February 15? or whatever, just knowing what is going on would make this so much better! I'm looking into other trucks to buy now but so far I don't like any.