What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
…also, I noticed my coolant reservoir was low when I returned from the trip; it was halfway between the cold and hot full marks when I started the trip a couple weeks ago.

i-XsnBbVz-X4.jpg

I topped it off, but will be watching it closely. There are no obvious leaks anywhere, so I suspect one of the turbo coolant lines may have a slow leak. One more thing to add to the upgrade list!

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
What. An absolute. B!T$@!

Installed the console safe (mind the messy bin full of random crap), the Icon drop shackles, SDHQ Bump stop relocation kit, the Timbrens and, of course, the Icon springs. What an absolute pair of bears they were, it was like wrestling the Cheshire cat's grin into a gawdam frown after giving him catnip. But despite this, I gotta say: WOW, what an improvement in ride quality! Feels like a brand new Raptor again. Granted, I threw on those "new" shocks in the rear to boot, but still! I didn't realize just how flat the stock leafs were til I was looking at the before and after. Just the short drive from my old man's garage to back home trying to hit every bump I could find felt like riding on a cloud. A big ol' shout-out to @Nick@Apollo-Optics for dialing me in and getting me what I needed. Definitely gonna be a repeat customer!

P_20240913_171106.jpg
P_20240915_174903.jpg
P_20240915_224034.jpg
P_20240915_223645~2.jpg

Still gotta slap the "new" front shocks on, but I'm gonna get to that on the next day off. The diff covers and fluids will also have to wait for another weekend. It'll get done before October rolls around.

Attachments

• P_20240915_174830.jpg
    P_20240915_174830.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 21

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
…also, I noticed my coolant reservoir was low when I returned from the trip; it was halfway between the cold and hot full marks when I started the trip a couple weeks ago.

View attachment 467055

I topped it off, but will be watching it closely. There are no obvious leaks anywhere, so I suspect one of the turbo coolant lines may have a slow leak. One more thing to add to the upgrade list!
I also have to add coolant occasionally, it's just every once in a while, so I'm not super concerned, just about to hit 140K

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emptied JLT catch can in preparation for an oil change. This is what I’m getting every 4500-5000 miles. About 20% filled.
I get about the same if not cleaner… live in humid area but drive 100 miles a day 4 days a week upwards of 85mph.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emptied JLT catch can in preparation for an oil change. This is what I’m getting every 4500-5000 miles. About 20% filled.
That’s pretty much what mine looked like this last time… it usually has some on top that looks like that, but the bottom of the can looks like this:

i-qvwMbK7-X4.jpg

…nasty stuff:

i-975j45W-X4.jpg

raptorsub

Reaction score
How many miles are on your truck? I checked my Mishimoto cans after about 3500 miles. It was the first time checking them after putting them on. I barely had any in mine. The truck has 73k miles on it.