What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lane2018

Southern Raptor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mevotech MS408138

RockAuto ~$70 for the pair

They come pre greased but I gave them a couple shots with the grease gun to seal up the nipple.

Rattle is gone and suspension feels good. Not sure why oem ones go bad either water infiltration or lots of stress. Or they’re just crap.

Time will tell if these Mevotech are any good. Or they’re just a wear item. Every now and then they get a shot of grease.
Thanks for this info! Prompted me to check mine… and found drivers side 90deg had a pretty good rattle to it. Got a pair on the way!

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Packed it up for my trip to SoCal to get the Izzy Fab tow assist installed, he only does this in-house, along with some 1” RPG drop shackles and Deaver +3HD springs (thanks again for all the back-and-forth coordination with Deaver @Nick@Apollo-Optics !)…

IMG_6867.jpeg

Still have to load my wife’s gear/luggage…gonna drop her at the airport OTW out of town at O’Dark-thirty tomorrow morning for her flight to WA State to visit some friends while I’m in CA. Once the work is complete on my truck (should be finished by next Thursday at the latest), I’ll head to Portland, OR to pick her up and we’ll spend some time at her cousin’s farm in the Willamette Valley…and then spend a few days in the Oregon wine country for an Anniversary getaway!

I’ll put her on a flight back to TX in a couple weeks, and make the cross-country drive home solo. May hit some parks/trails in Utah, Colorado, and maybe Nevada OTW home.

Edit: made the first 900-mile leg with minimal drama.

Sunrise in TX, some random dirt road in NM, and a rest stop in AZ just before Tucson…staying at DM AFB tonight

i-bG9sgJs-X4.jpg

i-gntJpRN-X4.jpg

i-k3b64TC-X4.jpg

…though my knee knew it was raining before I cleared the pass and saw it! Who says it never rains in AZ?

i-rpgHrdC-X4.jpg

Last edited:

kalel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my SPD Performance muffler to go with my SPD Trombone.

Install is as easy are your rusted exhaust clamps (FML). Overall not too bad just not fun in the Florida sun but wanted to get it done.

Love the sound. Everything as advertised and what I wanted. Doesn’t drown out my turbo spool either which I’m very happy about.

Thank you @Nick@Apollo-Optics always taking care of a brotha. Prost my dude!

IMG_1132.jpeg
IMG_1136.jpeg

https://youtube.com/shorts/WDTeui-tk0U?si=qF9oavnQSfxkNTP0

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent way too much time in the seat today for the “short” 450-mile leg of my road trip to have the rear suspension worked over by Izzy Fab in Montclair, CA.

I grossly underestimated traffic volume coming back into LA after the Labor Day weekend…

i-NG2nhGn-X4.jpg

Took me 4 hours to drive the 90 miles or so from Indio into Riverside where I’m staying the next couple days. I really, really hate SoCal traffic.

Also pre-drove the 70-mile route from where I’m staying at March ARB down to Deaver in Santa Ana, and then back up to Izzy’s shop in Montclair. Deaver’s shop is in a pretty sketch neighborhood, LoL. Will post pics mañana.