Blend door and blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elav

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Raptor. My blend door flap broke a while ago, dropping the broken piece in the squirrel cage fan on the passenger side. I dropped the fan and removed the broken part. I have ordered a replacement and found the YouTube videos on how to replace the blend door by spreading the housing - but it doesn't look like a fun job, so I've been putting it off. Now, the blend door actuator has started to click every time I start the truck. Once it clicks like a dozen times, it stops. My question is - will the clicking from the blend door actuator stop once I fix the blend door flap or do I need to order a replacement blend door actuator too? I want to make sure I have all the needed parts before I tackle this "fun" project. Thanks in advance!

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it will stop or not.
I would put new ones in any of the ones that are hard to change though. Easier to do once it's all apart.

stevelp99

Reaction score
It sounds like the gears inside might have a broken tooth, but so long as the actuator gears on the inside aren't ruing from tension of actuating the flap it should fix it, I recently installed the recirc flap by splitting the housing and going through the blower motor opening. I went ahead and replaced the actuator motor since it was a cheap part and I had to take it off either way to install the flap and get more room to get to the screws behind the housing, and I didn't want to have to go back in there. Also if you're doing it in place, get a flexible screwdriver that accepts driver bits, "Wera" makes a good one. Its basically the only way to get to the screws in the back, that and a mini ratchet, smaller then the regular 1/4in ratchet. The whole process took me about 2.5 hrs. You are also correct, it is not a fun project. Good luck

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need to replace an actuator and still have yet to do it too.
Mine blows hot air out the driver's vents when the AC is on.
Have the actuator, but haven't gotten up the courage to tear into yet.
Good luck with yours.