What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

radelow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on my big boy pants and dovetailed the bed before installing the SVC V3 rear bumper. I was running the stock rear for a while but finally bit the bullet and chopped up both ends

How do you treat the edges of the cut steel to prevent any corrosion in the future? I am interested in doing this just concerned about that aspect.

Diverdown3

Reaction score
Also took off my hood stripes. They came off easy enough, but man, the adhesive residue is a bitch. Mine is a 2017, so that may be a factor.

Used the more powerful Goo Gone first. Many applications and fresh cotton terry rags took 60% of it, but then it seemed to make no difference how much I applied. Even soaked paper towels atop the adhesive with Goo Gone and left it for several hours. Still no luck.

Shifted to rubbing alcohol and had some fast luck, but then back to hard labor. I'd say I'm down to the last 3-5%. Will get there over the weekend.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also took off my hood stripes. They came off easy enough, but man, the adhesive residue is a bitch. Mine is a 2017, so that may be a factor.

Used the more powerful Goo Gone first. Many applications and fresh cotton terry rags took 60% of it, but then it seemed to make no difference how much I applied. Even soaked paper towels atop the adhesive with Goo Gone and left it for several hours. Still no luck.

Shifted to rubbing alcohol and had some fast luck, but then back to hard labor. I'd say I'm down to the last 3-5%. Will get there over the weekend.
3m adhesive remover. doesnt harm your paint. will take off your wax though.

Evil Peaches

Reaction score
How do you treat the edges of the cut steel to prevent any corrosion in the future? I am interested in doing this just concerned about that aspect.
I cleaned up the edges with a fine file and applied a few coats of high strength primer with a small paint brush. The weather stripping covers about 1/4” beyond the edge, which helps. Also helps that the primer and my truck are both white. I’ll probably pull the weather striping at the end of the winter to check for rust. The weather striping is cheap enough.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score

I do this crap often at work, some are easy and some just pizz me right tf off LOL