What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Details on your fog light setup?

Went with the diode dynamics ss3 sae/dot sport in white and amber combo beam. So i can run them on the roads.

Went with baja brackets and didnt work so i got some cheap ones off amazon
Samman Fog Light Mounting Bracket Hidden Front Bumper Cube Light Side Light Replacement Mount Bracket Compatible with Ford F-150 Raptor 2010-2014 https://a.co/32Flg55

and they worked better except the light brackets from DD still had to be set up different. So once I figure this part out i can get a better adjustment to them…. 8591DB3E-5D12-4700-8FF4-DAACE8AB7716.jpeg

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went with the diode dynamics ss3 sae/dot sport in white and amber combo beam. So i can run them on the roads.

Went with baja brackets and didnt work so i got some cheap ones off amazon
Samman Fog Light Mounting Bracket Hidden Front Bumper Cube Light Side Light Replacement Mount Bracket Compatible with Ford F-150 Raptor 2010-2014 https://a.co/32Flg55

and they worked better except the light brackets from DD still had to be set up different. So once I figure this part out i can get a better adjustment to them….
Thanks! The previous owner of my truck had Rigid cubes and what I assume were Rigid brackets. I ordered two sets of SS3's but had clearance issues similar to you. My brackets look very similar to the ones you ended up with. Unfortunately I didn't try that second slot before returning the lights. I was also considering the BD brackets to go with the SS3's but I guess that won't work either. I just wish DD would add some support for the Gen 1 Raptor. I have reached out previously but they confirmed that they were not planning any products for our trucks.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Thanks! The previous owner of my truck had Rigid cubes and what I assume were Rigid brackets. I ordered two sets of SS3's but had clearance issues similar to you. My brackets look very similar to the ones you ended up with. Unfortunately I didn't try that second slot before returning the lights. I was also considering the BD brackets to go with the SS3's but I guess that won't work either. I just wish DD would add some support for the Gen 1 Raptor. I have reached out previously but they confirmed that they were not planning any products for our trucks.

Yeah, im new to these and its pretty disappointing how these companies are tossing the gen 1 crowd away for the new ones. Theres still a ton of us out here wanting parts especially something new/updated etc. :(

The second hole on it wasn’t the best but works for now. Maybe if i do some trimming itd come out better. DD has different style brackets for them but i really dont want to spend $40 to find out if they work or not lol

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power steering fluid change done! Along with water sweat change too LOL

Was going to wait for the upgrades to arrive but it was dark and burnt smelling so i didnt want to chance it any longer.
What I would do is get a big old jug of AW32 Hydraulic fluid and run that in the original PS system.

When you get the upgrade jack up the front end turn it lock to lock while running, change fluid with more AW32 and repeat until its clear.
Then take out your old system. This will flush out your rack.
If you go with the Lee system the only thing not getting replaced is the rack and it doesn't hold much.

AW32 is about the right viscosity and is usually cheap. Perfect for a flush-out.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
What I would do is get a big old jug of AW32 Hydraulic fluid and run that in the original PS system.

When you get the upgrade jack up the front end turn it lock to lock while running, change fluid with more AW32 and repeat until its clear.
Then take out your old system. This will flush out your rack.
If you go with the Lee system the only thing not getting replaced is the rack and it doesn't hold much.

AW32 is about the right viscosity and is usually cheap. Perfect for a flush-out.

Hmm ill have to try and find this stuff. Safe to mix?

Im just doing the res and cooler for now, i have more to do (fluids etc) and the pump is good still.

Last edited:

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm ill have to try and find this stuff. Safe to mix?

Im just doing the res and cooler for now, i have more to do (fluids etc) and the pump is good still.
AW32 is just tractor hydraulic fluid. It is a 10wt mineral oil. The power steering fluid companies like Lee recommend is a 10wt mineral oil. The two have different additives for different applications but someone in the know told me that flushing the system with the AW23 I already had around for other things was a great idea.