What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAC71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE... My new Cardone PS pump worked great and quiet for 7 days. Now.... Noisy as hell and power assist is weak.... Ugh

I think I'm going to adapt a Saginaw pump. Dealt with Ford power steering pumps before and they just don't cut it. Both of my early Broncos run custom adapted Saginaw pumps. Zero issues and both run hydroboost systems.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Is there a big difference between the full and half tie rods? With mainly on road use. Wondering cause i may have found a set of the half rods at a good price.

I also hear the end where it swivels needs to be greased constantly, is that true. Im in a salty state and would hate to spend the money just for them to rot out on me lol

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the full tie rods, the entire unit is more solid, VS. with the half tie rods, only HALF of the tie rod is solid leaving the other half vulnerable. If you’re doing it, i personally would run the full tie rod.
And yeah the heim joints do need to be maintained by cleaning them cleaned and lubed with dry lithium grease spray. But they make rubber boot covers for them. I don’t think they’re necessary though as long as you keep them cleaned and lubed. They’re easy enough to get to without jacking it up or removing anything.