Un-Allowed Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK, my AFE flat diff cover has served me well for 7 years now!!!
After burning every bearing in the pumpkin with the stock cover in less than three years.

After banks posted that video on their youtube channel showing the fluid dynamics of a typical flat back style diff cover I decided that when I do my next fluid change I'll be going to the Ford Performance diff cover. I don't need extra fluid, just a way to easily change gear oil.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with you on all the rest, but I think you meant to say negative offset. Factory wheels are +34mm and you can safely go down to 0mm, but nothing less. Ie. a negative offset of -12mm will stick out too far under full compression.

Also, exhaust sounds are very subjective. I added SPD TAs and a FlowMaster FlowFX replacement muffler. It does not sound like a V8, but it growls very nicely under heavy acceleration and definitely sounds better than stock. :cool:

Both fair points. I meant negative offset but really any offset from stock is a risk depending on how the truck is used. I don't know how much further the wheel can stick out without hitting the fender under full compression or how much closer to the suspension without issue under extreme duress.

As far as exhaust. Agreed that it's subjective. I've listened to many and NONE sound good. some louder, some raspy but none and I mean none sound good....just different. IMO...If you have extra money to burn and understand that you're only changing the exhaust loudness to your likeness then fine but I still suggest it's a pointless waste of money. Not as bad as pasting political stickers...I should have mentioned that one...LOL..but still pretty lame mod IMHO.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What a troll fest of a topic. People should feel free to do whatever they like to their vehicles, make them their own. Whether it's a Honda or a Ferrari, and if you don't like it, and don't have anything nice to say... **** off. I don't care if it's a moped with straight pipes and a rainbow camo wrap, at least they are putting in the effort and customizing.

Last I checked this isn't communist China, no dictator has a right to tell anyone else what they can or cannot do to their own vehicles. And I for one would much rather have some variety.

The reason the hot rod culture is dying is too many arrogant, self righteous ******** have decided their opinion counts more than anyone elses. Forums are dying off because people are afraid to be judged for their content. Hypocrites mock others for doing what they do. Support hot rodding of any form, maybe it will survive another generation. No one deserves to be judged for expressing their automotive interest. And even if they do, who gave you the authority to be their judge.

Un-allowed... **** You. Be ashamed.

I hope a mod comes and blacks this whole topic out. The entire thing makes this forum and its participants look like elitist garbage.

Last edited by a moderator: