Un-Allowed Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNWlife

Reaction score
I prefer a to each there own type of approach, it's not worth trying to decide what others should or shouldn't do with their Raptors. To be fair some people out there have done horrendous shit to their cars / trucks / raptors that makes me wish I wasn't sharing the same stop light or stretch of road as them... That being said, function over fashion is my approach. Subtle appearance mods go a long ways over the flashy approach or the brodozer wheels or lift kits that negatively impact the function of the vehicle.

The top part of the list should be 'avoid these mods to preserve functionality' and the second part should be 'pet peeves of the raptor community'...

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wheels that cause rubbing or fender damage when jumping/full articulation. basically positive offset

Exhaust. You can't make it sound good...period.

Agree with you on all the rest, but I think you meant to say negative offset. Factory wheels are +34mm and you can safely go down to 0mm, but nothing less. Ie. a negative offset of -12mm will stick out too far under full compression.

Also, exhaust sounds are very subjective. I added SPD TAs and a FlowMaster FlowFX replacement muffler. It does not sound like a V8, but it growls very nicely under heavy acceleration and definitely sounds better than stock. :cool:

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you add a supercharger it's not a waste of money. Totally agree if you are N/A it is a waste. Could even cause less power in certain applications and power bands.
I do, and it still is IMO, with JDM 700 upgrade even. Minimal gain-to-hassle and money ratio. Even moreso if you have someone install for another $800+. I would have spent the money and time somewhere else if I knew then.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was his first no-no listed.....and LMAO....@PORTERW1111 must be an Ex-Con...;)...just last night was watching IDTV Murder Tapes and wiping down inside and out of your vehicle with Brake Fluid is an old trick learned by Cons in prison to get rid of DNA..!!:eek:

Sure you were watching that...:rolleyes:

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
? what do you consider flat back ?
Any diff cover that is flat in the back. Gale Banks did a unbelievable job of proving how they don’t work. Search on YouTube it’s definitely worth a watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro