Un-Allowed Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The JLT catch can. Absolutely not appropriate for out turbo vehicles. I include this because it's not an opinion. The JLT single valve system is designed for naturally aspirated vehicles. Our turbo engines require an alternate vacuum source under boost otherwise the can doesn't do anything unless your idling. https://www.mcnallyelectronics.com/...lve-Oil-Catch-Can-vs-a-Single-Valve_b_13.html

Wheel size should not be any larger than 17". Objective only if you are trying to retain the off roadability of the Raptor. If you're building a mall crawler then the sky is the limit.

ANY stereo upgrade that does not include the NAV-TV interface.

perch collars. They pre compress the suspension for no reason other than leveling the truck. Upgrade the springs instead but make sure you do the rear as well.

Grill lights that block the IC

Wheels that cause rubbing or fender damage when jumping/full articulation. basically positive offset

Forscan mods that disable the battery management system

Exhaust. You can't make it sound good...period.

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt say all lift kits but rather any lift kits that provide spacers (if you're gonna mod an off road beast, do it right)
Super dark window tint (differentiates true off roaders from street queens)
I think any wheel 19 inches or larger should not be used
Definitely dont lower or slam a raptor...

Yeah ok . . . limo tint is a no, but if you don't have a good tint job and live in AZ or Texas, you have a room temperature IQ.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Talk about subjective if people wanna add their own stuff or "style" to their truck let em and just judge silently. Having said that I think there's def some positive potential to this thread when we come to talking about parts that are cheaply made and notoriously will fail causing damage to the truck.

If you're just a **** about it to be a **** the new members won't wanna speak up and ask for advice when they can't find what they are looking for using the search tool.
For background this post was born out of pure sarcasm and designed to be a collective of bashing opinions but yes you are correct this if taken more seriously could be a great sticky to alleviate owners from making poor purchases.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
-Chrome
-color matching hood vents
-flatback diff covers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about, don't use brake fluid to wash your truck.

That was his first no-no listed.....and LMAO....@PORTERW1111 must be an Ex-Con...;)...just last night was watching IDTV Murder Tapes and wiping down inside and out of your vehicle with Brake Fluid is an old trick learned by Cons in prison to get rid of DNA..!!:eek:

Ruckus08

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headers. If I had to do it all over again... Rookie waste of time and money, and the most frustrating install of my life...

Blown00gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headers. If I had to do it all over again... Rookie waste of time and money, and the most frustrating install of my life...

If you add a supercharger it's not a waste of money. Totally agree if you are N/A it is a waste. Could even cause less power in certain applications and power bands.