GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryhole

Reaction score
One of the guys that used to sell here where I worked moved to Alllentown Pa which is about 90 minutes from us. Last I talked to him they were $10k over but hadn't sold any units. I did text him this morning to check and see where they are at now and what allocation they may have left. He told me their first two were sold for $5k over and he thinks they have a 3rd in stock. He's supposed to let me know soon. I'll post info if they do.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Let me know how the rail yard pickup works out. I'm currently trying to get approval to make the trip to MI and get my truck. I only started working on that yesterday but initial response doesn't sound good so far.

My dealer called me back. He could NOT access truck at the rail yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer called me back. He could NOT access truck at the rail yard.

That's interesting, but crappy.

One of the members here posted that his Raptor was picked up at the rail yard. His brother owns the dealership but I don't know that would make a difference. It's been a lot of years since we've been able to do that. When I contacted our Zone manager yesterday one of the first things he said was that he didn't think that would be allowed due to union issues. My response was they are still getting paid as if it was shipped but don't have to do any work, they should be fine with that.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
7/21 Order
Scheduled 11/7 with est 12/26 build
Built 12/22 with estim 1/2 ETA
Ramp 59 Awaiting shipment since Dec 27, Estim ETA remained 12/29-1/4
As of 1/4 estim ETA updated to 1/11-1/17

Our other Nov Build shipped immediately, guessing the early build retrofit trucks becoming avail to ship have flooded the railyards. Glad to see some progress for those faithful owners though, just want my truck here for Snoball17 :)

Last edited:

raptorAF

Reaction score
Hey guys just thought I would give everyone a heads up.

ATTENTION: For anyone that is contemplating making any changes to their orders at this point, if you put in your order at the original MSRP price and make changes to it now, as MSRP went up, the MSRP price will go up after changing your order to the new MSRP price which is like $635 more I believe.

I know this as I had 2 Raptors on order. I made changes to 1 the other day and this happened. I asked the dealer if I could pay the original MSRP price that we agreed upon when I submitted the order but they wouldnt budge. So I cancelled that order.

For those of you who've removed the beadlock wheels from you order so that you're not delayed, does your order now reflect the new (higher) MSRP?

baja714

Reaction score
For those of you who've removed the beadlock wheels from you order so that you're not delayed, does your order now reflect the new (higher) MSRP?

check with your dealer, but i would have to say no in that case. ask for an updated DORA showing them being removed if you already have had them removed and compare vehicle MSRP from both DORA's jic

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just thought I would give everyone a heads up.

ATTENTION: For anyone that is contemplating making any changes to their orders at this point, if you put in your order at the original MSRP price and make changes to it now, as MSRP went up, the MSRP price will go up after changing your order to the new MSRP price which is like $635 more I believe.

I know this as I had 2 Raptors on order. I made changes to 1 the other day and this happened. I asked the dealer if I could pay the original MSRP price that we agreed upon when I submitted the order but they wouldnt budge. So I cancelled that order.

Yeah wish I had known this before adding the tailgate step for $375 as the overall went up just over a $1,000. Expensive step. I may never get the truck since waiting on Forged Wheels and CF. It it comes in late in the model year and dealer will not adjust, I will just cancel and get an '18 or something else......slowly losing interest.

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Very interested in this question as well. That would suck to remove the bead locks and only get $530 back out of the $1165. :mad:

Raptomania

Reaction score
My window sticker said convoy but later changed to rail. The window sticker may change with time. Check it periodically.

lars464

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered on 10/13. Bead locks, and CF included on my order. Just spoke to Ford Service. They couldn't tell me much. Vehicle still waiting to be scheduled. He also said the order was marked ,"clean" which indicated to him that there were no problems. While I'm not in a great hurry, I have to figure that the truck will take at least 3 more months to arrive. At this point, I need to consider a 2018 model. I am also losing interest in the truck. My last truck order took 5 months (2106 Limited), so I am used to the waiting game.