GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1

I do a lot of research, but when I am ready to buy, I am ready to drive.

I'm right there with you, I don't know how the guys who have ordered in july and august, that haven't had any updates are still sane... I understand there's going to be a little bit of wait, but getting the same "no vin or eta for your order yet" makes it seem like there's no sign of hope to come... dealer didn't ask for deposit, bc we've known them forever. thinking the best route is going to use the ford website to search inventory from maine to florida and every thing in between... found probably 100 black ones that dealers had coming in but only a handful of avalanche ones, all price 10k+ over sticker.

baja714

Reaction score
Finally ordered a Raptor yesterday from a dealer that had an allocation left. After reading everyone else's stories and talking to the dealer it looks like its gonna be a bit.

Update for anyone else that may be ordering at this time, I am currently 13th in line at the moment, dealers with allocations might get 3-4 orders pulled from their allocations each month from Ford. At that rate that would put my order at March/April before it is pulled. Then they said it is probably a good 5-8 weeks from then before it may hit the lot, so doing the math - I might have my truck by June/July ETA. And I guess dealers without allocations won't be getting anymore at this time.

Gives me more time to save I guess.

Last edited:

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally ordered a Raptor yesterday from a dealer that had an allocation left. After reading everyone else's stories and talking to the dealer it looks like its gonna be a bit.

Update for anyone else that may be ordering at this time, I am currently 13th in line at the moment, dealers with allocations might get 3-4 orders pulled from their allocations each month from Ford. At that rate that would put my order at March/April before it is pulled. Then they said it is probably a good 5-8 weeks from then before it may hit the lot, so doing the math - I might have my truck by June/July ETA. And I guess dealers without allocations won't be getting anymore at this time.

Gives me more time to save I guess.

Where did you end up ordering one?