GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took 40min out of my day to call to all california ford dealers and either they didnt get allocation, have 15-20 waiting in line, or 5k-25k over msrp. It was worth a shot lol

2 dealers said they had a surge of people call today. I guess concrete numbers that came out today must have helped.

Yep, I was at a local dealer today, not where I ordered, with a friend who is buying new f-250 (test drove one, and they are quick bastards for soo much heft). If not a raptor, I would be getting one of these.
I was asking the sales guy my friend was dealing with about Raptors, he claimed not to know their allocations, said that the only people getting a "deal" where friends of the family dealer ownership, would be lucky to get 5K above msrp, and that he had 20 "orders" in with deposits. Received a phone call while we were talking and came back and , 21 orders about to be in the system...
People are literally coming into his office and buying up product. He said he doesn't do too much of anything as they just keep coming

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, there is no "Avalanche Grey" or Avalanche Gray" for that matter. It is just "Avalanche". And the color is more of a dirty white than a gray.

Actually to 95% of the world it is grey, just like the metric system. :biggrin:

If you've only seen Avalanche grey in pictures it looks dirty white, in real life it is definitely a light grey

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you've only seen Avalanche grey in pictures it looks dirty white, in real life it is definitely a light grey

Well, I cannot wait to see it in person or behind the wheel gazing over the hood!

And maybe when the entire country is legally reefer eligible we will finally covert to the metric system.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Gray or Grey, matters not since it is not what the color is called. It is simply called Avalanche. As in snow. Which is white. I have seen it in person. It is one of those colors that looks different based on the light source. If you see it under fluorescent light it looks darker like a gray. Under natural light it is more white. Dirty white or light gray is very nearly the same thing. Point is that calling it Avalanche Grey is just as inaccurate as calling it Avalanche White. It's just Avalanche.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gray or Grey, matters not since it is not what the color is called. It is simply called Avalanche. As in snow. Which is white. I have seen it in person. It is one of those colors that looks different based on the light source. If you see it under fluorescent light it looks darker like a gray. Under natural light it is more white. Dirty white or light gray is very nearly the same thing. Point is that calling it Avalanche Grey is just as inaccurate as calling it Avalanche White. It's just Avalanche.

Avalanche "grey" is the name of the color which is exclusive to the Shelby 350 and the raptor ("gray" on the US Ford site, "grey" on Ford.ca). I know you find this difficult to believe but go perform a "build your own" on the Ford website for a Shelby 350 fastback and report back on the color name. I suspect we may not be hearing on this subject again. I've seen the color under fluorescents, outside in sun and outside on a cloudy day, it's primer grey, not white, not beige, it's light grey. Sorry but you are mistaken

P.S. My raptor is ordered in Avalanche grey and I waffled over color for 2 weeks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Crash has it correct. If you compare the two actual order guides from Ford, they are different. The GT350 is avalanche gray and the Raptor is just avalanche. Check for yourself. The colors look different as well.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I give up, that color is exclusive to Shelby and raptor. They call it grey on their website, that is fact. My order does say Avalanche (just pulled the paperwork) but it sure as hell is the same color as the Shelby and that is about as close to white or beige as a hockey puck

Jim750

Reaction score
The Shelby and raptor avalanche color are the same, look at the paint code...both 'DR' Now how they appear to the beholder is what's arguable. I also ordered this color after tracking down a shelby to check it out.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And maybe when the entire country is legally reefer eligible we will finally covert to the metric system.

Hell to the NO!!! If I wanted to use the Metric system, I'd move to Europe where the average person is only educated enough to divide by 10. I was taught to divide by 12. :crazy:

Can you image a Metric clock, divided into 100 metric hours per day, subdivided into 100 metric minutes per metric hour, subdivided into 100 metric seconds per metric minute. Hell, most people can't keep up with time now, so just breaking it up into smaller and smaller units would only result in more and more people always being late to everything. Screw that <lol>.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell to the NO!!! If I wanted to use the Metric system, I'd move to Europe where the average person is only educated enough to divide by 10. I was taught to divide by 12. :crazy:

Can you image a Metric clock, divided into 100 metric hours per day, subdivided into 100 metric minutes per metric hour, subdivided into 100 metric seconds per metric minute. Hell, most people can't keep up with time now, so just breaking it up into smaller and smaller units would only result in more and more people always being late to everything. Screw that <lol>.

LOL, I'm pretty sure a clock has nothing to do with the metric or imperial system and relates to the orbit and rotation of the earth.

Being Canadian (who also lived in the US) I grew up with both systems and we tend pick and choose up here. For measurements and math purposes the metric system is superior. For some reason however when we refer to weight it is generally in pounds, my kids even do the same. Height of a person is also in ft / in rather than centimeters. We're basically metric when it's convenient.