GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, there is no "Avalanche Grey" or Avalanche Gray" for that matter. It is just "Avalanche". And the color is more of a dirty white than a gray.

Corrected, thank you. I was thinking chalk white while typing. Lol.

A2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All this talk of people saying others are crazy for paying over MSRP should be taken in perspective. I have an MSRP deal BTW, just to clarify on that point.

If we take the same logic then NOBODY should be living in California, New York or even Vancouver. Reason being? Their housing is priced WAY above what would be typical. The local market drives demand and cost, it's like that with vehicles, it's like that with houses and it's like that with life. If you don't like it then move to a local geo that supports your line of thinking.

It's much easier to drive a truck from out of state back to California then to drive a house...

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the latest order guide was posted by Smbecht in the quote below.

Did you mean code 60R instead of 60D for the orange interior accent for the Lightning Blue?

---------- Post added at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Just what I was looking for. Thanks for posting this!

That was my failure to hit the correct button in tapacrap on my phone. It is now corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well placed a second truck order with another dealer. They know that I have another order with a different dealer but it seems like I am getting nowhere.

So it is another deposit on my CC, but got a confirmation that it is totally refundable as long as the order is not taken by ford yet.

So the only downside would be if ford takes BOTH orders at the same time. I would lose one deposit.

If my current vehicle wasn't falling apart so quickly, I would never have done it. I just need to maximize my ability to get one quickly.

Now I would laugh hard, while crying a bit, if both went through at the same time :)

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well placed a second truck order with another dealer. They know that I have another order with a different dealer but it seems like I am getting nowhere.

So it is another deposit on my CC, but got a confirmation that it is totally refundable as long as the order is not taken by ford yet.

So the only downside would be if ford takes BOTH orders at the same time. I would lose one deposit.

If my current vehicle wasn't falling apart so quickly, I would never have done it. I just need to maximize my ability to get one quickly.

Now I would laugh hard, while crying a bit, if both went through at the same time :)

Our attorney has told me multiple times that they can NOT keep your deposit if you decide to back out unless there is signed purchase agreement that explicitly says that you forfeit your deposit if you pull out of the deal. I had to back out of a truck deal a few years back when a dealer tried to change the terms of the purchase because GM decided to raise the MSRP almost $2K and the dealer thought they would pass that on to me on a purchased truck with a deposit. Don't let these dealers play games with any of you especially when you're paying MSRP and they are likely making $5-7K off each truck at MSRP after you factor everything in.

I hit up a couple of California dealers today to see how bad everyone was getting bent over. LOL is all I have to say. In typical California fashion they are asking retarded markup on the "limited" production Raptors as expected. The last one tried to catch me walking out the door to "meet me in the middle" and sell me a truck at $5K over MSRP. I'm excited beyond belief for all of you guys about to get the new trucks but I will never pay a dollar over MSRP. I'll order a truck from one of the small town dealers back home that I've already spoken to and fly back home to visit friends and family and then just road trip the truck back to Cali.

Stay vigilant brothers! And if you MUST buy a truck in Cali make sure to bring the lube!

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our attorney has told me multiple times that they can NOT keep your deposit if you decide to back out unless there is signed purchase agreement that explicitly says that you forfeit your deposit if you pull out of the deal. I had to back out of a truck deal a few years back when a dealer tried to change the terms of the purchase because GM decided to raise the MSRP almost $2K and the dealer thought they would pass that on to me on a purchased truck with a deposit. Don't let these dealers play games with any of you especially when you're paying MSRP and they are likely making $5-7K off each truck at MSRP after you factor everything in.

I hit up a couple of California dealers today to see how bad everyone was getting bent over. LOL is all I have to say. In typical California fashion they are asking retarded markup on the "limited" production Raptors as expected. The last one tried to catch me walking out the door to "meet me in the middle" and sell me a truck at $5K over MSRP. I'm excited beyond belief for all of you guys about to get the new trucks but I will never pay a dollar over MSRP. I'll order a truck from one of the small town dealers back home that I've already spoken to and fly back home to visit friends and family and then just road trip the truck back to Cali.

Stay vigilant brothers! And if you MUST buy a truck in Cali make sure to bring the lube!

The dealers were very nice. They understood exactly what I was doing. They weren't worried about the deposit etc. I was ordering the basic fully loaded and they could sell it all day long. I got mine for msrp from both.

I am in Southern Cali and have an order in with Nevada and Colorado. I was planning either flying to CO one way, or renting a car and driving to Nevada and driving the vehicle back.

The only thing that would change is if it's terrible weather in CO when she's is ready to come back. I may have her shipped. I haven't driven in snow in 10 plus years and with a vehicle like that it Worries me a bit since I wouldn't be used to it.

Anyway. There are plenty of suckers here to pay these large markups. To be honest, if money was no object I wouldn't mind paying $1-3k more for local, but not doing that after they refused to even talk to me for under $10k markup.

Truth by told, after renting a car, flying, or having it shipped, I am going to be paying about $1-3k over msrp, all in. I just refuse to pay to a dealer that willing looks at me and tells me screw off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealers were very nice. They understood exactly what I was doing. They weren't worried about the deposit etc. I was ordering the basic fully loaded and they could sell it all day long. I got mine for msrp from both.

I am in Southern Cali and have an order in with Nevada and Colorado. I was planning either flying to CO one way, or renting a car and driving to Nevada and driving the vehicle back.

The only thing that would change is if it's terrible weather in CO when she's is ready to come back. I may have her shipped. I haven't driven in snow in 10 plus years and with a vehicle like that it Worries me a bit since I wouldn't be used to it.

Anyway. There are plenty of suckers here to pay these large markups. To be honest, if money was no object I wouldn't mind paying $1-3k more for local, but not doing that after they refused to even talk to me for under $10k markup.

Truth by told, after renting a car, flying, or having it shipped, I am going to be paying about $1-3k over msrp, all in. I just refuse to pay to a dealer that willing looks at me and tells me screw off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be afraid of driving the new truck home in the snow at all. In all honesty my 14' Raptor did better in the snow than any other vehicle I have ever owned. It was absolutely incredible in 4wd. The only downside is the older trucks don't like going back and forth from 4wd to 2wd while moving. At least mine didn't. When I drove my 14' home from the dealer in Alabama back to Kansas we were in snow for the last 4-5 hours of the drive and the truck did great so don't sweat it if its in Colorado. Vegas is definitely a lot closer though and way less hassle if you have to deal with snow. Part of the fun is the adventure though.

I've talked to a bunch of different dealers in Cali over the years and I swear there is some Cali markup that is just common knowledge with every single brand. Most of the people on this forum are probably smart enough with their money that they aren't going to go pay $10K over sticker. I'm sure there might be a few that just have tons of disposable income but the vast majority definitely do their research.

Calistorm87

Reaction score

I took 40min out of my day to call to all california ford dealers and either they didnt get allocation, have 15-20 waiting in line, or 5k-25k over msrp. It was worth a shot lol

2 dealers said they had a surge of people call today. I guess concrete numbers that came out today must have helped.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took 40min out of my day to call to all california ford dealers and either they didnt get allocation, have 15-20 waiting in line, or 5k-25k over msrp. It was worth a shot lol

2 dealers said they had a surge of people call today. I guess concrete numbers that came out today must have helped.

Lol. Not surprising. Oh well. Dealerships should be more willing to play ball after this initial surge. Cali dealerships excluded. The only thing I have looked at buying where I would actually get the best deal actually buying in California instead of elsewhere was a KTM motorcycle.

Side note. Whoever gets their Raptor first in the Orange County/LA area hit me up. Beers are on me because I want to ride in the new truck and see whats what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs