GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Info only......

There is an updated order guide out, dated 9/15 or 16 that has added a color keyed interior match to the lighting blue exterior color. (60D) I updated my order to include this feature as I thought it looked nice in the other colors.

Do you have a link for the new guide? Can you leave post the link here?

Thanks!

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have a link for the new guide? Can you leave post the link here?

Thanks!

Have not found a PDF version yet with that date. Most of the manual's on the net are the July version. Still looking. The only real change that I saw was that revision, which is why I added the code.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer is getting 6. 1 and 2 have been scheduled. I'm number 3. I let my order get pushed to 3 to obtain a close to invoice deal.

I officially ordered 8/12, was 2nd but first order had not been submitted as of no deposit so Im not certain. As of last week was assigned VIN and tent build date of 11/14.
Dealer said they had an allocation of 4 for the rest of year.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3-4K isn't to bad I'm sure some people financing with less than stellar credit will pay more over the lifetime of their loan.

You seem to aknowledge that you can afford to pay to play early.

What most people are talking about here is the dealer making it seem like they are making 100 intial raptors and they are more rare than a Ford GT350 R and it's basically a discount to buy one at 10-15k ADM.

While I don't like how this process is being handled personally, I just feel bad for the suckers who do pay more than anything else.

It would also help if their was more information from Ford on Intial launch and build timelines for the consumer. I went through a long dark waiting process when I planned to get a Ford Focus RS. (Dealers were trying not to **** costumers on this one as well.)

Again I have mine at MSRP through a dealership I've dealt with for years so I'm satisfied.

If anyone wants an honest and fair volume dealer in Michigan area check out

Suburban Ford, Sterling Heights MI

PS I plan to use the 10-15k savings to buy a gently used Rolex

Understood! My experience with the dealers has been, for the most part, that demand outweighs supply and they can ask what they want but the market will dictate the markups, or none at all. Obviously some folks have paid the 10-15k over. Some 5k. More or less. That dries up eventually and we revert to the mean. Everything always reverts to the mean. I had a deal in jersey for msrp -$1000. Plus 1500-2000 shipping. Could've saved some dough but he had 3 for the year, I was #2 and his rep advised him that could be June of 2017. Scared me away. I ended up #3, bought local at a markup I offered and agreed to (lower then what he wanted) and hopefully will have it by XMAS. Apparently I am 01'd as of today. Whatever that means but was told "will be scheduled this Thursday).

On the other hand, I hate, detest dealers antics. Somewhere along the line the Raptor got my tongue. Lol

F150sales

Reaction score
I have an 03 Rubi, which I is the first year they were made... not sure why you would pay over sticker in 07' for an 03' Rubi!

Did it come to you yet? Was there a difference between the 06 and the 07? If not then there isn't any reason not to just roll a gen 1 raptor and wait a few years for a gen 2.

(Hint TJ to JK)

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
7-27 ordered, small dealer 1st one ordered. NO vin or build yet

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08-12 ordered, volume dealer, #1 scheduled for 10/10, #2 not scheduled (my order).

Thib

Reaction score
Looks like i'm #6 or #7 at my dealer (Varsity, Ann Arbor). He's checking for sure. I asked if he got the new guide with the new option. He gave me a copy of the guide when i bought mine. I'll see if he'll get me the new one.

Last edited: