GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thib

Reaction score
How long has it been taking to get a build date after the order has been placed? Ordered mine on 9/10.

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long has it been taking to get a build date after the order has been placed? Ordered mine on 9/10.

It's not about when you ordered but what number in line you are at your dealer. According to my dealer and several posts here, the number 1 spots at dealers have been scheduled. Haven't seen anyone that's number 2 get scheduled yet. I'm 3rd at my dealer so still waiting...

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not about when you ordered but what number in line you are at your dealer. According to my dealer and several posts here, the number 1 spots at dealers have been scheduled. Haven't seen anyone that's number 2 get scheduled yet. I'm 3rd at my dealer so still waiting...

I think it also has to do with where the dealer is on Ford's list. My dealer has only ordered 2 2017's, my Raptor and an XLT. Both were ordered in July and neither one has been scheduled yet. FWIW, my dealer gave mine a priority 10. :mad:
It's a small dealership that usually only stocks 7 or 8 F150s and 7 or 8 Super Dutys.

A2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3-4K isn't to bad I'm sure some people financing with less than stellar credit will pay more over the lifetime of their loan.

You seem to aknowledge that you can afford to pay to play early.

What most people are talking about here is the dealer making it seem like they are making 100 intial raptors and they are more rare than a Ford GT350 R and it's basically a discount to buy one at 10-15k ADM.

While I don't like how this process is being handled personally, I just feel bad for the suckers who do pay more than anything else.

It would also help if their was more information from Ford on Intial launch and build timelines for the consumer. I went through a long dark waiting process when I planned to get a Ford Focus RS. (Dealers were trying not to **** costumers on this one as well.)

Again I have mine at MSRP through a dealership I've dealt with for years so I'm satisfied.

If anyone wants an honest and fair volume dealer in Michigan area check out

Suburban Ford, Sterling Heights MI

PS I plan to use the 10-15k savings to buy a gently used Rolex

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Info only......

There is an updated order guide out, dated 9/15 or 16 that has added a color keyed interior match to the lighting blue exterior color. (60R) I updated my order to include this feature as I thought it looked nice in the other colors.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs