Tire Weights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarrett H

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actual diameter is greater on the Toyo as well.

Yeeeeeeeeeep well aware of the BFG's 36.3 and the difference between the two is .6-.7"

I've had the Toyo in a 37 on my 2500 and I absolutely loved them. I think they are one of the best M/T made, but fark are they heavy. I would bet that 39" Baja TA's/Projects weigh less than a 37" toyo.

Last edited:

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can see why the Baja's would be so much lighter than all the other MT tires and even the ATs - and be more durable. Has anyone tried to weigh their Bajas?

BTW Tirerack lists the 35" Baja at 65lbs and the 37s at 74lbs

bermise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not race professional timed events in my raptor so tire weight is insignificant for me.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
I just can see why the Baja's would be so much lighter than all the other MT tires and even the ATs - and be more durable. Has anyone tried to weigh their Bajas?

I believe the light weights ones use Kevlar.

Jarrett H

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not race professional timed events in my raptor so tire weight is insignificant for me.

100lb tires are no joke regardless if you race baja or not. Aggressive offroading can damage even a braced rear end, Ask Sprnsk.

Last edited:

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The impact on unsprung weight can be very significant on your ride comfort and control regardless if you are racing or not.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score

They're lighter. Kevlar belts.

bermise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot's of members here running 93-94 pound 37 inch toyos tires. I can't find any complaints on control or ride comfort.

Glo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lot's of members here running 93-94 pound 37 inch toyos tires. I can't find any complaints on control or ride comfort.

I think you are drawing the wrong conclusion from the fact that nobody complains about the drawbacks of going big - probably because it's understood and the focus for the bigger tires are on different performance factors.

MPG, braking and acceleration are clearly and obviously suffering from more
Unsprung weight - potholes get a lot worse...Google it - lots of good info readily available - tire rack had a nice article on it if you want to get a basic understanding.

They're lighter. Kevlar belts.

I ran across a post here where a 35 Baja non project was weight in at 64lbs - would be surprised the 37" was much less than 75lbs
The 55lbs for the Baja earlier mentioned in this thread appears to be wrong.

Don't think Kevlar does much for sharp rocks - not sure about it - just don't think Kevlar vests do much for knifes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WarSurfer

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran across a post here where a 35 Baja non project was weight in at 64lbs - would be surprised the 37" was much less than 75lbs
The 55lbs for the Baja earlier mentioned in this thread appears to be wrong.

You may very well be right. When I was trying to find different styles of 35/37in tires I came across the 'Baja T/A' (the 'non projects') on Tire Rack and that was the advertised weight. I just tried to verify and that tire doesn't come up anymore - they now are showing the 'project' tread pattern Baja but the advertised weights are lower than they should be.