SVT-FP Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNUCKLEBUSTER

Reaction score
Gen 2

I will not own one until they put a V8 back in it , my shop is next door to a ford dealer and the 3.5 ecoboost is coming apart, timing chains stretching 2 inches , rods going thru the blocks, turbos scattering parts and pieces downstream into the exhaust, oil sludging quickly. Heck the line techs dont even want to work on them but they love the 5.0 no problems what so ever, and please dont argue with this I have went over and seen this first hand.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I will not own one until they put a V8 back in it , my shop is next door to a ford dealer and the 3.5 ecoboost is coming apart, timing chains stretching 2 inches , rods going thru the blocks, turbos scattering parts and pieces downstream into the exhaust, oil sludging quickly. Heck the line techs dont even want to work on them but they love the 5.0 no problems what so ever, and please dont argue with this I have went over and seen this first hand.

I don't see any Ford approved links backing up what you say.

KNUCKLEBUSTER

Reaction score

My friend is lead tech at this dealership and calls me to see these when they happen. Ford is even having them take these engines apart to see the failures when they occur blown or not. I have had the timing chains in my hands and have measured the length of them. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Just Google all these problems and see what you find.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My friend is lead tech at this dealership and calls me to see these when they happen. Ford is even having them take these engines apart to see the failures when they occur blown or not. I have had the timing chains in my hands and have measured the length of them. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Just Google all these problems and see what you find.
@Trick_Raptor was just messing with ya haha. Any idea when they'll be putting in the V8? They have to... I just don't see them sticking with the V6 throughout the years

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Trick_Raptor was just messing with ya haha. Any idea when they'll be putting in the V8? They have to... I just don't see them sticking with the V6 throughout the years

Dont hold your breath. Everyone has kinda gone over this and why the v8 might not make it back into some Ford performance vehicles.

Ford is going balls deep with the Ecoboost and trying to prove to everyone its a good motor by putting it in the Ford GT, Raptor, and some mustangs. Ford is pretty much saying "If the Ecoboost is good enough for the Ford GT and the Raptor itll be good for all our performance vehicles!" If Ford pulls the Ecoboost out of the Raptor they are pretty much saying the Ecoboost isnt the best motor for its most performance oriented truck which is a bad look for the entire Ecoboost brand.

I think the Ecoboost is here to stay. Will they fangle together an Ecoboost v8? Possibly. Will they toss the Ecoboost entirely and put in a standard NA v8? In my opinion, probably not.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I meant when will they be creating an ecoboost V8. It's obvious the 6.2L is now a beast of the past.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are not here to state an opinion. You are trolling and causing shit while you can because FRF has some pretty liberal posting standards. You have not offered anything of value and you just parrot Ford talking-point which any idiot as you have shown can do.

Nobody here thinks what you have to offer is of any value. You know this but because you want to just stir shit up here you have just resorted to babble.

When the attention you seek fades you will do even more desperate shit until you get banned so you can run over to Ecoboost Raptors and cry about how you were banned a gain a little street cred' with the other boosters.

You Gen I guys will not leave me alone. I have a dissenting opinion, back them up with facts, and you guys are all batshit crazy over it.

I had no idea that you were the representative of this board. Based on your posts imo you're not the most level headed guy for the job. But I would say that your posts are representative of the board lol.

I'm not desperate at all. I'm totally secure in forming my opinions on the facts. Be ok with me liking the Gen II. You can like your truck too, and I'm ok with that. So much butthurt. There may need to be an intervention for you guys once the Gen II reviews are out.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont hold your breath. Everyone has kinda gone over this and why the v8 might not make it back into some Ford performance vehicles.

Ford is going balls deep with the Ecoboost and trying to prove to everyone its a good motor by putting it in the Ford GT, Raptor, and some mustangs. Ford is pretty much saying "If the Ecoboost is good enough for the Ford GT and the Raptor itll be good for all our performance vehicles!" If Ford pulls the Ecoboost out of the Raptor they are pretty much saying the Ecoboost isnt the best motor for its most performance oriented truck which is a bad look for the entire Ecoboost brand.

I think the Ecoboost is here to stay. Will they fangle together an Ecoboost v8? Possibly. Will they toss the Ecoboost entirely and put in a standard NA v8? In my opinion, probably not.

This is the most realistic post I've read here, other than my own. Gen I guys should pay heed to these words.

Status
Not open for further replies.