SVT-FP Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well we know the numbers are going to be decent. Just imagine how much more badass the V8 version would be. Not a fan of turbos myself, but there's a lot more to a truck then how it's aspirated.

Of coarse it would be badass if Ford stuffed a 500+hp v8 in the Gen 2 but with more power comes more problems like tire hop, axel wrap, more stress on driveline parts, etc. To fix those problems the truck has to have better and stronger parts which all cost more money. Im sure Ford is trying to keep the Raptor at a decent price point because they will sell a hell of a lot more at $50k than they will at $75k.

My $0.02.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Of coarse it would be badass if Ford stuffed a 500+hp v8 in the Gen 2 but with more power comes more problems like tire hop, axel wrap, more stress on driveline parts, etc. To fix those problems the truck has to have better and stronger parts which all cost more money. Im sure Ford is trying to keep the Raptor at a decent price point because they will sell a hell of a lot more at $50k than they will at $75k.

While the TTV6 is an issue for some it's not the issue for all. Most including myself are not fully on-board with the new looks. When you are dropping 60k+ on the new Raptor that's a big concern.

Most of my issues with the looks have diminished even after seeing the SCAB in person at the LA Auto Show. There are some things I still don't like but they are not enough to keep me out of one.

With the Gen1 Raptor there are well known issues such as PS, IWE's electronic nanny issues and only those who have never been off-road or will never go off-road with their Raptor think not having a cabin filter is not a big deal... but to those who do it is. It sucks having sand blow out the vents weeks after a desert/dunes run!

With the Gen2 there are quite a few unknown issues that many of the first buyers will have to deal with. I've seen some complain about the new transfer-case having issues. And again for those who off-road the intercoolers getting plugged up is a real concern. Hell I try to take it easy in mud and still it gets everywhere in the engine compartment. Will Ford address these or just do like the did with Gen1?

Hopefully with all the little bits of info coming out now Ford will start dumping real data and we will start getting real hands on testing from those outside of Ford.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will not own one until they put a V8 back in it , my shop is next door to a ford dealer and the 3.5 ecoboost is coming apart, timing chains stretching 2 inches , rods going thru the blocks, turbos scattering parts and pieces downstream into the exhaust, oil sludging quickly. Heck the line techs dont even want to work on them but they love the 5.0 no problems what so ever, and please dont argue with this I have went over and seen this first hand.

Definite concern especially with the extra abuse it will take in the Raptor. We've heard of very few failures in the 6.2l in our trucks. Can we say that with the ecoboost motor after 100-150K? Certainly don't want to be replacing that pricey motor after the warranty runs out.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree. Seems like that's all I read here sometimes.

You should ban ALL of us. Then you could sit around and talk to yourself and never be wrong or offend anyone again!!!

But somehow I think, eventually, you'd even **** yourself with your stupid drivel........

okraptor01

Reaction score
Randy M what do you currently drive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should ban ALL of us. Then you could sit around and talk to yourself and never be wrong or offend anyone again!!!

But somehow I think, eventually, you'd even **** yourself with your stupid drivel........

If I replaced ecoboost with 6.2 V8 in every sentence I've uttered, there wouldn't be any problems here. Unfortunately gen I guys fail to recognize reality.

Randy M what do you currently drive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Depends on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.