SVT-FP Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chevy-Reaper-interior.jpg

:lewx4:

That off center drivers seat.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Are you discounting what Hameedi said?

Hameedi is paid to sell cars. You give me an independent source with no skin in the game and I'll listen. No one knows how much better or if the gen 2's are better because no one has driven one or tested it. Ford marketing material is not facts. Stop saying they are. We don't even know the HP numbers or the weight difference yet and you keep spewing that info out like its fact. It's not. It's speculation at this point until someone weighs it or ford releases the ACTUAL numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Hameedi is paid to sell cars. You give me an independent source with no skin in the game and I'll listen. No one knows how much better or if the gen 2's are better because no one has driven one or tested it. Ford marketing material is not facts. Stop saying they are. We don't even know the HP numbers or the weight difference yet and you keep spewing that info out like its fact. It's not. It's speculation at this point until someone weighs it or ford releases the ACTUAL numbers.

Outside sources claiming the Gen2 is better.

Attachments

• Oxt48e2.png
    Oxt48e2.png
    421.4 KB · Views: 54

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hameedi is not paid to sell cars. He's paid to oversee the Raptor project. I don't know how involved he gets as far as R&D is concerned but if he wants to keep his job then he better make the new Gen II better than the Gen I. Given his track record with SVT, now Ford Performance, past projects and the fact that most of you here have put down your hard earned dollars for the Gen I, you would that you guys wouldn't discount his words so much.

Outside sources claiming the Gen2 is better.

Was that a racist meme based on Hameedi being middle eastern?

bstoner59

Reaction score
Hameedi is not paid to sell cars. He's paid to oversee the Raptor project. I don't know how involved he gets as far as R&D is concerned but if he wants to keep his job then he better make the new Gen II better than the Gen I. Given his track record with SVT, now Ford Performance, past projects and the fact that most of you here have put down your hard earned dollars for the Gen I, you would that you guys wouldn't discount his words so much.

Was that a racist meme based on Hameedi being middle eastern?

Everyone at car companies is paid to sell cars. You think that doesn't come into consideration? You are more delusional that I first thought.

Hameedi is the Chief Engineer for all of Ford Performance, not the head of the Raptor project. Get your "Facts" straight. The bean counters are telling him they need to sell EB engines in trucks. They decide to use the two cars that get the most attention to put EB engines in to showcase the "technology" and get people, like you, on board with turbos in cars that historically wouldn't sell with small engines and forced induction. The fact you can't see that is mind boggling to me and many others. Wake up already

bstoner59

Reaction score
Here's how it works Randy

You have the #1 selling vehicle for almost 40 years straight.
Your #1 competitor has always been 2nd place
EPA puts requirements on your fleet mpgs that you have to meet by a certain date.
700,000 plus units of your sales each year are well below those numbers. (Less than 700,000 because the F150 is combined with the SD's but I don't have the breakdown)

Your problem is how do you make the F150s get good enough mileage to meet the requirements and not lose the title of best selling vehicle to GM?

The decision was made years ago that forced induction on smaller engines was the way to go. Ford is all in. They aren't going back. The Raptor sales as a percentage doesn't affect the overall numbers that much but the attention the Raptor and the GT bring is huge. If there is a Raptor or a GT on the lot it's bringing people in. Your average Joe can't afford the Raptor but he can get an XLT. He has his choice between a 5.0 and a 3.5 and the salesman says "the 3.5 is the same engine as the Raptor" and Joe gets excited and takes it home. Maybe he decides the 2.7 is a better bet because it has the same "EcoBoost" name and gets better mileage than the 3.5. That's what they are really hoping for.

Since you obviously don't know how the automobile industry works, that was a quick lesson. If you don't think there isn't meetings and phone calls on a daily basis about how they are going to sell more F150s with the 2.7 EB in it you are crazy.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone at car companies is paid to sell cars. You think that doesn't come into consideration? You are more delusional that I first thought.

Hameedi is the Chief Engineer for all of Ford Performance, not the head of the Raptor project. Get your "Facts" straight. The bean counters are telling him they need to sell EB engines in trucks. They decide to use the two cars that get the most attention to put EB engines in to showcase the "technology" and get people, like you, on board with turbos in cars that historically wouldn't sell with small engines and forced induction. The fact you can't see that is mind boggling to me and many others. Wake up already

He's paid to oversee the development of a project and to reveal their hardwork. He's not selling anything or he would have to either be a regional rep or be a sales guy at a dealership

You're high, hameedi is paid by ford, ford sells cars, hameedi sells cars.

Please see above.

Here's how it works Randy

You have the #1 selling vehicle for almost 40 years straight.
Your #1 competitor has always been 2nd place
EPA puts requirements on your fleet mpgs that you have to meet by a certain date.
700,000 plus units of your sales each year are well below those numbers. (Less than 700,000 because the F150 is combined with the SD's but I don't have the breakdown)

Your problem is how do you make the F150s get good enough mileage to meet the requirements and not lose the title of best selling vehicle to GM?

The decision was made years ago that forced induction on smaller engines was the way to go. Ford is all in. They aren't going back. The Raptor sales as a percentage doesn't affect the overall numbers that much but the attention the Raptor and the GT bring is huge. If there is a Raptor or a GT on the lot it's bringing people in. Your average Joe can't afford the Raptor but he can get an XLT. He has his choice between a 5.0 and a 3.5 and the salesman says "the 3.5 is the same engine as the Raptor" and Joe gets excited and takes it home. Maybe he decides the 2.7 is a better bet because it has the same "EcoBoost" name and gets better mileage than the 3.5. That's what they are really hoping for.

Since you obviously don't know how the automobile industry works, that was a quick lesson. If you don't think there isn't meetings and phone calls on a daily basis about how they are going to sell more F150s with the 2.7 EB in it you are crazy.

I agree, all of the above are the parameters they have to work within. Apparently they've found a way to make the ecoboost have more horsepower and torque than the 6.2. You're right, I don't think they're going back to the V8 either. Why would they if the 3.5 EB has better numbers? This is next level stuff, going back wouldn't be a good business decision. Maybe they'll go with a coyote TT next. I'd like to see that.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

What kind of idiot doesn't know who Baghdad Bob is? For such a internet tough guy you sure do look to play the victim card whenever you can.

I know who he is but I found it ironic that you used that particular meme when Hameedi is also middle eastern.

Status
Not open for further replies.