SPV Let down (RESOLVED)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
M

MFouts

Reaction score
So, did y'all ignore him for 2 weeks? I'm a bit confused. Glad it was sorted out.
No, they did not igore me for 2 weeks. That was the time it took to resolve the situation between emails, shipping and then having to reship the correct items which then again were not the correct items. When I posted the original I did not get the response I had hoped for and then felt I was going to have to wait another week for the hopefully correct item.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So, did y'all ignore him for 2 weeks? I'm a bit confused. Glad it was sorted out.
No, not at all. He reached out when he got his kit with his extensions and the 4 way connectors in the bag to add to them, (Like I explained that are used for BACKLIT versions). He then reached out to our CS and said he needed the 2 way DT adapters. Thats when as I explained, it was overlooked what was going on. Non backlit ones need 2 way connectors, but still need the extensions which he had.
So from there, he got the 2 way DT adapters (Short) and reached out to us confused. I think that took 24 hours to get back to him and he posted this probably 2 hours before I personally called him. I didn't even realize he posted this at that time. It was after that I realized. I just called to reply to his 2 emails and get the situation figured out and resolved. Which we did. He had everything he needed. It was just misunderstandings and clarification.

As far as 2 weeks. I think what he was saying is he bought it then. He bought the kit originally June 26th at 3:27pm. He is on the west coast and we are East. Everything was delivered to him by July 3rd. He reached out to us via email at 10pm on July 3rd when he said he had the non backlit lights which I had switched out for him at his request and he told our CS he needed the DT 2 way adapters. We had the adapters sent on July 5th, and he had them July 10th. I spoke to him July 11th and this was posted July 11th. That would have been 14 days from his original PURCHASE, not DELIVERY, which was July 3rd.
So there was a 24 to 36 hour window between his 2 emails. That isn't crazy fast, but hopefully most of you understand this was all during a 4th of July seasonal sale. It was email, not a phone call and sometimes emails can get deep during a sale and it may take 24-36 hours to get through all of them. So The purchase was 2 weeks prior. There were 2 emails and a day or so for email responses but that second one, I just called myself and solved the misunderstanding.

Again, we only want happy customers, and we will always fight for our customers. We are also honest, and we are humans. So we make mistakes and live up to them. So as a consumer, you have to ask yourself. (I do the same) Would I rather work with a company that will be honest and work with me to resolve any situation if there is one? Who I know I can trust to fix any issue. Even if they may not answer my email in 20 minutes or less? Or one that says they are always right and won't own anything. Delays are rare and we try to get to all emails every day. However, during a sale period it may be a slight delay like this was. However, if you call or text us a 317/934/6778, we can almost always prioritize that if it's a more important concern.

There was never a dispute that anyone was wronged, treated poorly, shafted, shorted, etc. This was simply an issue of misunderstanding and a 24-36 hour or so email delay in response between 2 emails and then it was resolved.

Hope this clarifies more.

John

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No, they did not igore me for 2 weeks. That was the time it took to resolve the situation between emails, shipping and then having to reship the correct items which then again were not the correct items. When I posted the original I did not get the response I had hoped for and then felt I was going to have to wait another week for the hopefully correct item.

Mr Foutz,

As I said on the phone. I am ALWAYS happy to help in ANY way and I will always have your back. So if you need anything you have my number. Questions, Concerns, or even advice. I am always happy to help.

John

JTN

Reaction score
No, not at all. He reached out when he got his kit with his extensions and the 4 way connectors in the bag to add to them, (Like I explained that are used for BACKLIT versions). He then reached out to our CS and said he needed the 2 way DT adapters. Thats when as I explained, it was overlooked what was going on. Non backlit ones need 2 way connectors, but still need the extensions which he had.
So from there, he got the 2 way DT adapters (Short) and reached out to us confused. I think that took 24 hours to get back to him and he posted this probably 2 hours before I personally called him. I didn't even realize he posted this at that time. It was after that I realized. I just called to reply to his 2 emails and get the situation figured out and resolved. Which we did. He had everything he needed. It was just misunderstandings and clarification.

As far as 2 weeks. I think what he was saying is he bought it then. He bought the kit originally June 26th at 3:27pm. He is on the west coast and we are East. Everything was delivered to him by July 3rd. He reached out to us via email at 10pm on July 3rd when he said he had the non backlit lights which I had switched out for him at his request and he told our CS he needed the DT 2 way adapters. We had the adapters sent on July 5th, and he had them July 10th. I spoke to him July 11th and this was posted July 11th. That would have been 14 days from his original PURCHASE, not DELIVERY, which was July 3rd.
So there was a 24 to 36 hour window between his 2 emails. That isn't crazy fast, but hopefully most of you understand this was all during a 4th of July seasonal sale. It was email, not a phone call and sometimes emails can get deep during a sale and it may take 24-36 hours to get through all of them. So The purchase was 2 weeks prior. There were 2 emails and a day or so for email responses but that second one, I just called myself and solved the misunderstanding.

Again, we only want happy customers, and we will always fight for our customers. We are also honest, and we are humans. So we make mistakes and live up to them. So as a consumer, you have to ask yourself. (I do the same) Would I rather work with a company that will be honest and work with me to resolve any situation if there is one? Who I know I can trust to fix any issue. Even if they may not answer my email in 20 minutes or less? Or one that says they are always right and won't own anything. Delays are rare and we try to get to all emails every day. However, during a sale period it may be a slight delay like this was. However, if you call or text us a 317/934/6778, we can almost always prioritize that if it's a more important concern.

There was never a dispute that anyone was wronged, treated poorly, shafted, shorted, etc. This was simply an issue of misunderstanding and a 24-36 hour or so email delay in response between 2 emails and then it was resolved.

Hope this clarifies more.

John
I've used @Specialtyperformanceparts a few times now and nothing but top notch products and services. SPV is my goto vendor for light solutions and information. I appreciate his great videos he takes the time to put out for installation. I am definitely interested if you have a ditch light solution with instructions!

Dano182

Reaction score
Some of the best customer service I have ever received was from John at SPV. Mentioned it in another post. Sounds like a simple misunderstanding and John went above and beyond to make things right. As a small business owner myself I understand we make mistakes or have misunderstandings some times and always try to make things right. We get blasted publicly for the mistake then thanked privately for fixing it. Hopefully the OP will update the thread title.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Close this thread or change the title.

I remember emailing John on a Sunday night thinking I would get a response during the week. I got a response that night.

John obviously invests a **** ton of time into his business and wants only the best for his customers. A very rare thing these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.