Serious questions for those who are convinced that an Ecoboost replacement is coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if it was just a standard 5L, I would buy it too. It will be interesting to see what the buying pattern will be when the other engine becomes available.

Why would they do a 5.0 over the 6.2L that they already had in a Raptor? Why would you want a 5.0 over a 6.2?

OP
OP
B

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the engine comes out, any idea how far the ecoboost will tank in value? It will definitely be the least preferred preference when they are both side by side.

Sasquatch- I ask again:

1. What will the replacement motor be?
  2. On what model year Raptor will the replacement be available?
  3. What source(s) have you convinced of this? If you have inside info, there's no need to drop names, but "I have a friend who works for <insert Ford group name here>" will suffice.
  4. IF you are wrong about the replacement motor, will you admit on FRF that you were wrong, and shut up about it?

Speak up and be heard! If you're confident that there's going to be an upgraded motor available in the G2, let's hear about it!

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's fine that they don't want to release but I don't think it's for the reason you are claiming. The big driver of those numbers is almost certainly fleet/base model trucks with 2.7s. We can't come to any meaningful conclusions on this topic without the full picture. Until then, it's just marketing hype, which is really important when you are trying to push V6s in full size trucks.

FYI, I found this quote in a 2016 C&D article: "Ford claims the EcoBoost 3.5 is the highest-volume engine in the F-150 now"

It is an interesting head-to-head comparison of the 5.0 vs the 3.5TT in a F-150. Quote is from the 3rd page.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I feel bad for people who threw good money at an ecoboost Raptor. It will be a short run, and be worthless pretty quick. It is a complete waste of money. Ford should have saved the tuned up 3.5 ecoboost for a more suitable application... like a Ranger. Ford has made some seriously terrible business decisions over the last ten years. The have not been able to figure out what the customer wants and needs. The 3.5 ecoboost f150 application should have been the small diesel all along. The 3.5 ecoboost is great in anything that is not a full size truck. FCA has the market figured out, but lack quality in their offerings. GM is a close second and is stepping up quality.... still need help on vehicle aesthetics there. Ford has gone down the tubes... just terrible choices all around and pricing on everything sucks.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Random ********:

The 6.2L in a new Raptor would be the only 6.2L F150 sold since 2014 if they went that route.

The 6.2L was exclusive to the Raptor for 2010, but 2011-2014 had it available in other non-Raptor package F150s. Resale values are higher on 6.2L powered F150s than any other engine.

The 6.2L would be even better in a lighter truck with more gears.

The FPC 5.2L engine is a marketing gimmick. A truck version would get a standard crank setup with the revised 5.2L heads. It still wouldn't have the low end grunt that the 6.2L has or the TT V6 has.

Ain't no ******* way a 429 FE engine is going in a new Raptor.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ford-s-crown-jewel-the-f-150-has-a-big-problem-after-overhaul

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
I feel bad for people who threw good money at an ecoboost Raptor. It will be a short run, and be worthless pretty quick. It is a complete waste of money. Ford should have saved the tuned up 3.5 ecoboost for a more suitable application... like a Ranger. Ford has made some seriously terrible business decisions over the last ten years. The have not been able to figure out what the customer wants and needs. The 3.5 ecoboost f150 application should have been the small diesel all along. The 3.5 ecoboost is great in anything that is not a full size truck. FCA has the market figured out, but lack quality in their offerings. GM is a close second and is stepping up quality.... still need help on vehicle aesthetics there. Ford has gone down the tubes... just terrible choices all around and pricing on everything sucks.

Go buy a Silverado and bother them with your BS.

OP
OP
B

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Are you not going to address the questions that were specifically asked of you?

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I have answered these several times before, and you folks have your heads too far up your asses to actually understand it.