Serious questions for those who are convinced that an Ecoboost replacement is coming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've driven Ecoboosts since 2009, without issues. They're great engines that are well engineered. That is not to say they are perfect, everyone puts out a lemon from time to time.

The only way the Raptor gets a new engine is in the Gen3, way too much development cost tied up in the 3.5HO and I don't see people with Raptors complaining about the performance of the engine.

As it stands today another engine would be heavier in the front and in all likelihood, less HP/TQ.

Who wants more weight in front and less HP / TQ? -Certainly not me.

If they were to add more HP/TQ to it it would probably require further changes elsewhere in the truck, which is why you'll see only a modest improvement when FP puts out their tune with a warranty.

I'll be in line to buy that as well, but worry it will be too much power for such a light rear end.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I never stated that the new engine would be in a 17 model. The 18 model would have had it at some point, BUT, there were PPAP issues as I stated before. There is new timing to get it in. Folks will not be forced to fight the ecoboost battle too much longer.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I never stated that the new engine would be in a 17 model. The 18 model would have had it at some point, BUT, there were PPAP issues as I stated before. There is new timing to get it in. Folks will not be forced to fight the ecoboost battle too much longer.

Honestly, it’s to point now that your mental illness is progressing into supplanting the entire reality with your fantasy. You proclaimed on here numerous times there would be a new power plant in the raptor and new rear lights as a 2017.5.

well, we’re officially 2017.5.

Many of us have been trying to urge you to get professional psychiatric help before you experience a psychotic break from reality altogether, and that is becoming more and more likely. I’m sure that the reality of all the satisfied 3.5TT Raptor owners here frustrates you endlessly, but you are growing more and more incapable of accepting any reality but your substitute, pseudo-reality. The one completely divorced from the reality that all the rest of us live in.

Soon, you’re going to start escalating and it’s only a matter of time until you snap, causing harm to others around you. Your enablers - those around you and those on the internet will be looked at with significant scrutiny.

you need professional help for your mental illness.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ummmm. Yes you did troll!

I would go find it but really don't want to waste the 2 minutes it would take me.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah... see, more folks know a replacement for the 3.5 ecoboost is coming.

First you said mid year 2017. Then you said 2018. Is your new prediction 2019???

Keep trolling! Eventually you will be right. It might be year 2022. But you will be right at last!!!

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah... see, more folks know a replacement for the 3.5 ecoboost is coming.

Sasquatch77

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

2018 (or sooner) is getting the revised tail lights. Notice the wording that their wording is the ecoboost is still an engine for the Raptor... I never said it was going away, but they left the comment open. You will enjoy what is coming:)

FWIW, the ecoboost Raptor people will see the need for the intercooler weep hole soon enough. Once you have misfires and hesitation, you will see what the ecoboost masses have encountered. The weep hole has been the tried and true fix for 6 years now

|

Last edited by Sasquatch77; 02-06-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Now here is a post from you in February of this year I guess you forgot you posted.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, it’s to point now that your mental illness is progressing into supplanting the entire reality with your fantasy.

Soon, you’re going to start escalating and it’s only a matter of time until you snap, causing harm to others around you. Your enablers - those around you and those on the internet will be looked at with significant scrutiny.

you need professional help for your mental illness.

6pqe7fdrhm.jpg