Order Date, Build Date, Current Status of your Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea how long it takes a dealer to get a new allocation? I built order with them a few weeks ago and my order is in order bank. Dealer said they are just waiting for ford to give them allocation. Understood a lot of you have been waiting a long time. Just wondering if I should be trying to chase down a dealer that actually has an allocation or wait it out with my local dealer?

Oh boy. Well, I can understand if you want to keep your business with your dealer, hopefully someone you have come to know and trust. But waiting, hoping for an allocation? Hmmm......I would want to talk to the GM at the dealership to gauge his/her personal confidence in getting the respective allocation. Just on the surface, judged from afar, I would be looking for a dealer with a genuine allocation. They are still out there, as well as actual trucks sitting around out there.

Mink

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I know there is a lot of misinformation out there and a lot of frustration with the guys that ordered a long time ago. A little info that I found out in my search for a raptor and I'm not saying that anybody's dealer is dishonest. The dealers got there allocation of raptors in summer of 2016. So then they can sell what they have allocated to them, (some dealers selling raptors they don't have allocation for) but with in that number of allocation most won't tell you that there allocation is going to be spread over the whole build year, so if you ordered in July and they have others ahead of you or move you out to move a higher paying customer in then your rig won't get built until later, also just because they turn in a build/order doesn't mean that there order gets built ahead of a dealer that has allocation and a build slot his will be built first.( dealer 1 has 12 allocations and dealer 2 has 4 allocations) dealer 1 will get 1 build a month during the build cycle and dealer 2 will get one every quarter so if you ordered in July and I ordered in Feb it will depend on the slot that you get from your dealer not when you ordered. I do know a dealer that had 5 allocation to there dealership and in December the ford rep called and said they were only going to get 3 of there allocation. They had two very disappointed clients. I got very lucky in my search and found a dealer on another site that listed his allocation there but the deal had to be made in 2 days because there allocation was do to be schedule. He said they keep from upsetting there customers by doing it this way and nobody has to wait for ever and get pissed at them. I hope we all get are Raptors and enjoy the hell out of them. Good Luck

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

any idea how long it takes a dealer to get a new allocation? I built order with them a few weeks ago and my order is in order bank. Dealer said they are just waiting for ford to give them allocation. Understood a lot of you have been waiting a long time. Just wondering if i should be trying to chase down a dealer that actually has an allocation or wait it out with my local dealer?

phirinc

Reaction score
Avoided Ford customer service on Facebook this week, their information seems to be getting worse. I called Ford performance for the first time and they said my truck build started 20 minutes ago. I thought we were supposed to be able to access our Windows sticker at least a week before the build, mine still doesn't show up. Does this sound real? Guess my March date of receipt is going to be real. Ran around work saying I am an expecting father today, but my baby wont be delivered for about a month.

Cobber

Reaction score
Avoided Ford customer service on Facebook this week, their information seems to be getting worse. I called Ford performance for the first time and they said my truck build started 20 minutes ago. I thought we were supposed to be able to access our Windows sticker at least a week before the build, mine still doesn't show up. Does this sound real? Guess my March date of receipt is going to be real. Ran around work saying I am an expecting father today, but my baby wont be delivered for about a month.
You might end up beating me then. I checked and my window sticker popped up today. Pretty excited!!!. Sticker said build date March 3 which is what my dealer told me on Monday. Called FP and they said sent to plant today to be built so should be built soon. Eta still March 30 to April 5 delivery.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Same here--have found Ford Service Facebook to be painfully inaccurate with their information. I find zero value with them, and don't even consider contacting them any further. Congratulations on your new fatherhood :biggrin:!

Lanabat

Reaction score
I think your anger should be directed at your dealer.

Did they tell you that you were at the end of their allocation order list??? Because it appears that they should have.

You can order in July 2016, but if you are their #7 of 7 allocations, then you may not get your truck until May/June 2017.

If you ordered in Jan 2017 but were more toward the front of a dealer's allocation list then you would get earlier than that.

At least thats what a dealer told me. And I think that a lot of dealers lied to their customers

Yes, my dealer has some parts to do with it, but it is mainly Ford or at least the Ford rep. The dealer I ordered from has 4 allocations, I'm 2 of 4. It's a small dealer, and they just got their first one in yesterday. Whereas one of my local dealer has 8 allocations and already got 6 of theirs. And guess what? They were all sold for $15K over MSRP.

If you have been following the forum along with speaking with Ford Performance and Ford Service, they all said the same thing. Whether or not your order will be built depends on the Ford Rep. The Rep picks and chooses the order to be built. The Dealer submit the orders, the Rep sends the order to the factory to be built. So yes, I blame Ford. They should've done all orders by first come first serve basis not popularity/sales volume.