Oops. Crap. What to do now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like your fender bender was a blessing in disguise. Thread subscribed.
Its crazy how this came together; accident was Friday, I posted this Saturday, emailed John Saturday afternoon, spoke with him and we set Thursday's appointment that night. Monday I got the insurance appraisal, and deposited a check they cut me that totals within $100 of what Baker is charging me. John built the bumper Tuesday and Wednesday, and here I am today 400 miles south of home mid way thru the install. Insane timing!

Last edited:

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big J - I'm up in SF and am considering making a trip down south for fiberglass and bumpers in the next couple months. Would love to meet up sometime to check out your setup once you're back up north.

Tiz - did you have Baker do your 'glass?

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah for sure Boost. We need to put together a M&G Run type thing up there. There's got to be some fun we can have up in the Tahoe/Reno area? Lots of folks have asked me to see/demo the RPG stuff too.

Boostin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah for sure Boost. We need to put together a M&G Run type thing up there. There's got to be some fun we can have up in the Tahoe/Reno area? Lots of folks have asked me to see/demo the RPG stuff too.

Awesome. Let me know when you have your truck back and we can find a time. Maybe I'll bring the truck down to Santana Row C&C one weekend instead of the car. I would also love to see the RPG stuff in person and in action. That is the kit I think I'm going to go with, with Deaver +2s (maybe Nationals?) and lowering shackles. I may have to strap at that point until I get new rear shocks.

I really want to get out to Reno with the fine NorCal peeps on here. :)

Yes, we absolutely need to do a Reno run! :peace: I was up at Tahoe a couple weekends ago and since the snow was so ******, I took a trip to Moon Rocks which is 30 miles or so north of Reno. It was definitely a fun time but I think there is a lot I didn't explore. There are also some more places by Silver Lake (IIRC) and also Fernley. We need to find a Reno / Carson City local to fill us in on all the good spots. There is also a bunch of slow speed stuff in Tahoe we could hit (and camp at for a weekend).

I did have him install them Boostin.

How was the quality of the install? I'm overly **** so I want to make sure whoever I have do it will do it as perfectly as possible. Did you do the paint (IIRC you own a body shop?) or did Baker handle it all? If you don't mind, could you PM what the rough cost was including inner liners? I'm shooting for 37" Bajas on low perch with front 'glass and pulled bedsides so I was thinking I could also have Baker do the pull. I've been going back and forth between Baker and Outlaw for 'glass and pulling.

Last edited: