Oops. Crap. What to do now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here ya go J and yeah, the hitch mount was raised up a good amount.

Mounts just to the top bar
DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

This one gives you an idea how we mounted up the hitch mount. 2011-06-16173445.jpg

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hah you know me 'dawg. Always trying to see the bright side of things ;)

Thanks 'tiz. Sold. I shot an email off to Baker, and got a call right back. Talked to John, I told him you sent me and I have an appt set Thursday to drop the truck off and get 'er done. :)

The only 2 things I'm not really sure about yet are (1) how the bumper drops down like that. Seems like its sort of just hanging out there? And (2) the spare will now obviously be hanging out in full view. Not sure what to do about that yet.

But those two minor issues/questions aint enough to put me off. Looking forward to Thursday!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You work Fast BigJ!!!:waytogo:
Been talkin with my wife, have ya? :Grenade: :ROFLJest:

Can't wait to see your Baker creation!

Maybe work in some Aux rear lights too! Maybe an M&R 6er.... ;)
Yah never know... ;)

I'm really looking forward to this. I was headed down to SoCal (from NorCal) anyway to spend some time with RPG on Friday, then to the desert Saturday with Raptor Expeditions and then camp Saturday nite and spend some time Sunday out there with some buds as well. Baker is really stepping up to build the bumper and clear a spot on the calendar for me Thursday. If it all goes off as planned, this is gonna be one hell of a four day trip!! :peace:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great timing on the bumper. When you meet with John, keep in mind that he'll build it any way you describe. I think that if the bottom bar had a little more rake towards the truck, it would give it a more tucked up and under look. You're going to love the trimmed up bedsides.

Here is another bumper Baker built that's similar to mine.
2011-10-06082621.jpg

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip 'tiz. John is going to build it Tuesday, and paint it Wednesday so its ready for me Thursday. I'll shoot him an email requesting that he rake/tuck it in if possible.

Love everything I'm seeing about this mod, and I'm especially lovin the extra departure angle its going to provide. Still not sure what to do with the spare yet though. I carry too much crap in the bed when camping... it might just stay where its at. Hmm...

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
You should just move down here already!

Don't worry your story about the "accident" is safe with us. We won't let Mrs. Big J know what really happened ;) The things you do for mods!!!

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Great timing on the bumper. When you meet with John, keep in mind that he'll build it any way you describe. I think that if the bottom bar had a little more rake towards the truck, it would give it a more tucked up and under look. You're going to love the trimmed up bedsides.

Here is another bumper Baker built that's similar to mine.
2011-10-06082621.jpg

Hijack. What's the scoop on those toolbags?