One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
first tank threw averaged 12.3 on the instant read out. on the 2nd put in 93 octane instant read out averaged is 14.5 10% ethanol on the drive home 4 miles

Last edited:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to screw things up... I use 16.5 litres of gas for every 100 kilometers I drive. I think thats around 15 miles to the gallon but I don't give a toss anyway!
I didn't buy it so I could watch the gas gauge.

16.5 L/100 km is equivalent to 14.26 mpg. Not too shabby!

I'm dwindling down to 40 miles showing left on this tank, and 14.0 mpg. So far 150 miles were highway, and about 275+ were back & forth to work local driving. It went to 14.2 after the 150 highway miles, then after a few days of back & forth to work it dropped to 14.0, but it actually went up to 14.1 then back down to 14.0, so it's hoovering pretty well right at 14.0-14.1 avg this tank. 800 miles on the ticker.

Running it 1 more day, then filling it up and I've got a lot of highway driving to do this weekend, so I'll get a pretty good idea of my highway mileage on the first 1/2 of the next tank. Hoping for the window sticker of 16! :peace:

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
16.5 L/100 km is equivalent to 14.26 mpg. Not too shabby!

Running it 1 more day, then filling it up and I've got a lot of highway driving to do this weekend, so I'll get a pretty good idea of my highway mileage on the first 1/2 of the next tank. Hoping for the window sticker of 16! :peace:

:hmm: You'll have to stay below 2000 RPMs and try to have that green bar graph as high as possible with a feather touch on the gas pedal.
:birgits_tiredcoffee 1500 to 1800 RPMs is will be your max fuel mileage range, provided the green bar graph is indicating more than half way up.
16 MPG can be done . .:Good or Bad:. . but it's not 'fun'

Raptor78

Reaction score
2012 6.2L 1300 MILES, HIGHWAY DRIVING AT 70 MPH IVE BEEN GETTING AROUND 14.3.... IN TOWN ABOUT - OH HELL I DONT KNOW! HAVIN TO MUCH FUN HITTIN THE RIGHT PEDAL AND LISTENING TO THE SWEET SOUND OF THE 6.2 WITH A 3 CHAMBER 50 SERIES FLOW AND NO RESONATOR!:evillol:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
first tank threw averaged 12.3 on the instant read out. on the 2nd put in 93 octane instant read out averaged is 14.5 10% ethanol on the drive home 4 miles

the average over all was 12 mpg on the 93 octane I ran 2 tanks of 93 octane I now have e-30 in the tank and am averaging 13 mpg will try a few more tanks of 93 octane after the brake in is over how many miles before it is broke in good to do a true test.

what I have seen to make the best mileage is to get on it to the speed you want with in reason than the most important thing is let off the gas and coast to the stop sine pretend your brakes don't work so if you want to save gas don't use your brakes sounds weird but it works.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well looks like e-30 will be about the same as running 93 octane over all e-30 is about .2 tenth more mpg and a cheaper fill by .10 cents power seems the same or slightly better sotp as the computer sets for e-30 octane. now can some one tell me what is up with the miles to empty with 93 octane it's 430 to empty and with e-30 it's 388 to empty but the average mile to the gal is the same or better with e-30 I am now going to check the actual miles I get with e-30 by hand. stay tuned.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read in the owners manual that use of E85 fuels was not recommended. Nothing over 10% ethynol I think it said.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought so. I took the manual to work and read it cover to cover (all of them). Even so, you'd think I could get my phone to sync up but I cannot. It jumps to error on the phone before I can enter the last security digit. I will figure out what I am doing wrong.

P.S., for the record. I'm averaging about 10 miles per gallon of refined liquid dinosaur and LOVING IT!!! Seems I can't keep my foot out of it.....and I haven't even installed my 5star tune, CAI, lights or anything else yet. WOOHOO

Last edited:

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI there is an iPhone app called Mileage Keeper that does a nice job of calculating your MPG. Just enter the stats at each fill up and it does the rest. And it can track multiple vehicles, which is nice.