One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1 tank down, 150 miles into the 2nd tank.

1st tank avg was low 12's.

2nd tank avg is already 13.3 on the same back & forth to work stop & go driving, no highway. Had a little bit of highway last night for about a total of 20 minutes and it's up to 13.5. I've got 2 hours worth of highway driving today, pretty sure it'll hit 14 avg.

I'm not going to rattle off on why I don't care about the mileage, blah blah blah, because it's money out of my pocket I could spend towards mods and other things. The mileage does blow. But on the bright side it is slowly getting better with the same driving, and just 500 miles on the clock so far. Hoping it'll peak out at the same as what my HD truck used to get.

VARaptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2nd tank avg is already 13.3 on the same back & forth to work stop & go driving, no highway. Had a little bit of highway last night for about a total of 20 minutes and it's up to 13.5. I've got 2 hours worth of highway driving today, pretty sure it'll hit 14 avg.

I'm not going to rattle off on why I don't care about the mileage, blah blah blah, because it's money out of my pocket I could spend towards mods and other things. The mileage does blow. But on the bright side it is slowly getting better with the same driving, and just 500 miles on the clock so far. Hoping it'll peak out at the same as what my HD truck used to get.

What octane are you using? And do you prefer one station over another (Sunoco vs. Exxon for instance)? Jus' curious...

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Premium or regular?

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a trip to Parker Arizona from Ventura California. The trip was 1016 miles and involved spectating the Parker 425 off road race. There was a lot of slow off road driving, idling, and around town stuff. My 2010 6.2 scab averaged 15.1 for the trip.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score

are you running e-30

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What octane are you using? And do you prefer one station over another (Sunoco vs. Exxon for instance)? Jus' curious...

1st tank I'm assuming was 87, because it was filled when I picked it up and I doubt they put premium in. 2nd tank I put 93 in it. I plan on running 93 for a while. It's only another $10 or so a tank. The manual states 87 Octane 401 hp, 91 octane 411 hp, and I'll assume 93 may be worth a couple more. Guys will drop a grand on an intake and tune to gain 10 hp, and void their warranties. So it'll take roughly 3 years for that $10 a difference of filling with 93 over 87 to equal the cost of a tune & intake. So I'll go with filling up on 93 for now, and in 3 years when the warranty is up, then I'll add a tune and intake lol.

I do have preferences on fuel stations, just from habits formed from my L/HD trucks. My HD truck I will ONLY run Sunoco. For my other rides, I never fill up at small no-name places, or Wawa fuel stations. Sunoco is my prime choice, but I'll also fill up at Exxon, BP, Lukoil, etc. Sunoco is on my way to work though so I've been going there for all my vehicles recently.

I'm at 680 miles or so on the clock, and at 14.2 mpg on this tank. Have about 3/8 of a tank left. Drove majority highway today. Would have been higher too but there was a wicked 17 mph head wind on the way down, idk what the gusts were, then a strong cross wind on the way back, very windy day, which is fun driving a cinderblock wall lol and certainly not mpg friendly. The rest of my week will be back and forth to work driving, so I'm expecting it to drop some and probably average around 13.8 or so this tank. Hopefully 14.x avg next tank. Should be pretty well broken in and improvement start to taper off after a couple tanks.

Although it should bump up a tad too once the weather turns. I always get lower mpg during cold months with winter blend fuels and longer warm up time for the engine.

Oh and it's all E10, that's all we have in NJ.

Last edited:

White608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to bad all the sunoco stations here closed used to get 94 in the cars. I either get BP or Exxon, a few times at Sheetz tho

400 miles avg 11.7 .. mixed driving on 92

Last edited:

tango68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to screw things up... I use 16.5 litres of gas for every 100 kilometers I drive. I think thats around 15 miles to the gallon but I don't give a toss anyway!
I didn't buy it so I could watch the gas gauge.