One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those of you wanting to sped less at the pumps.

Spend a week in Canada then go back home and it will seem like you're saving money :D

-Sent from my iPhone

that's funny knowing Canada want to sell us oil which I think would be good for jobs but no idea on environment

Banned
Reaction score
we sell you guys a shit load of oil.

i honestly dont know why our prices are so much higher. maybe we need to stop selling you guys so much oil...

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have no Idea how many strokes are in the 4wheeler but its a twin something. I have a 50hp evinrude and I run e-30 in that aren't them 2 stroke lol that's going to be funny pulling that to the lake with the raptor lol 1979 boat with a 96 evinrude

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
CAI Gas Mileage Benefit Test

I ran a gas mileage test to see if there was a benefit of a CAI on my Raptor.

Background:
  • All driving was a combination of suburb and highway. And the driving was conducted to get the highest gas mileage that I am capable.
  • All gas was 93 octane and all gas was “winter blend”
  • Test started on 12/29/2011 when I returned from a trip to south Florida. I reset the dash mpg readout
  • Had purchased a Roush CAI in early December
  • On 1/16/2012 I installed the Roush CAI (Just prior to the installation I filled the tank with gas and wrote down the odometer reading.) I reset the dash mpg readout after the CAI installation
  • During the CAI portion of the test I had two more fill-ups: one with 17.112 gallons and the other with 17.729 gallons, with odometer readings of 250.4 miles and 260.2 miles respectively.
Results:
  • The dash mpg readout for the Before-CAI ended on 14.1mpg (no tank fill-ups were done during the before-CAI)
  • The dash mpg readout for the After-CAI ended (today) on 15.0mpg
  • The two tank fillips during the After-CAI were 14.633 and 14.677mpg (average = 14.65mpg)
  • Note the difference between the dash readout and the fill-up/odometer calculations (0.35mpg)
  • Using a ratio and proportion calculations the Before-CAI would have been 13.8mpg for fill-up/odometer mileage.
  • Subtracting the two fill-up/odometer mileages, there was almost a 0.9mpg improvement with the CAI.
It is understood that a longer test period would yield more accurate results, but the fun of driving my Raptor has been highly compromised these four+ weeks. It’s time to hear that intake suck!

Last edited:

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's funny knowing Canada want to sell us oil which I think would be good for jobs but no idea on environment

Do you mean you have no idea on the environment? Because Canada's record is excellent. No Exxon Valdez, no Gulf of Mexico disaster, no fracking causing water sources to become polluted, no flames coming out of peoples kitchen faucets. When you buy oil from Saudi, the money goes to the people who brought you 9-11. When you buy oil from Africa, you are buying blood oil. When you buy oil from Canada, your best friend and biggest trading partner, you get the most ethical oil there is.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you mean you have no idea on the environment? Because Canada's record is excellent. No Exxon Valdez, no Gulf of Mexico disaster, no fracking causing water sources to become polluted, no flames coming out of peoples kitchen faucets. When you buy oil from Saudi, the money goes to the people who brought you 9-11. When you buy oil from Africa, you are buying blood oil. When you buy oil from Canada, your best friend and biggest trading partner, you get the most ethical oil there is.

I was saying it would be good to get oil from Canada read all post's. It is just the pipe line that would be traveling from Canada to Texas If there was a spill it would be environmently bad If you spill Ethanol your fish get drunk!!!

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was saying it would be good to get oil from Canada read all post's. It is just the pipe line that would be traveling from Canada to Texas If there was a spill it would be environmently bad If you spill Ethanol your fish get drunk!!!

Thanks for the clarification. :)