One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while you've got your head that far up your ***, if you find any gold or money up there, mind if you can send me some if gas mileage is of zero concern to you?

Sorry for being harsh I just find those comments "if you're worried about gas mileage you should have bought a prius/civic/leaf/etc" as moronic as they can possibly get.

Who wouldn't prefer to get better mileage and save coin at the pump, and spend it on other things like mods or whatever. Now if somebody is griping that the raptor has too much suspension travel, too powerful an engine, too large a cabin, too capable a design, and overall starts describing a civic, then yes, should have bought a civic. But to want everything the raptor has and just wish it had better fuel economy. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's no different arguement to say to anybody who wants more horsepower, well you should have bought a ferrari. Just as idiotic of a statement.

I feel the exact same way. Hell I have an 08 Powerstroke 6.4 sitting on 35" tall mud terrains and I care about its mileage. I mean this truck is built for hauling and working every day and towing huge trailers but mileage still matters simply because diesel is about 4.10/gallon and 1-2 mpg makes a big difference in my annual fuel bill. I simply don't understand why everyone around here hates talking about fuel mileage or says go and buy a Prius if anyone asks about it. A lot of people are going to be daily driving these things.

Banned
Reaction score
Ethanol is dumb lol.
Pain in the ass looking for gas without ethanol for my sled.

-Sent from my iPhone

jolsen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has 2500 mi. Using 91 octane , getting 14 avg. Driving conditions vary from 30 mph gravel roads, hi-way and town. I open it up several times on each trip,mpg drops quickly to to mid 13 avg. After a fill and reset I have got it up to 17 on the hi-way at 65mph . All in all I'd say it gets 14.

verytalonted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 6.2 SCab, and use 92 octane. I log all my fuel with an app on my Droid, so I am not lstening to the truck's dash liar. And I drive my truck as my daily driver, I rarely take it on long trips, but a healthy mix of city/hwy to get to work and drop the kids off at Daycare.

And my Raptor gets ::drum roll::

16.5-16.79 MPG over the "lifetime" of my ownership!!!

Better than my 03 SCrew 4.6 FX4!!!

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, ethanol absorbs moisture from the air, deteriorates rubber, corrodes brass, lowers mileage & turns to a "varnish" after being exposed to air. It's funny to actually look in an owner's manual & see the caution to not use more than 5% ethanol as it will cause engine damage.........But hey, the corn farmers are happy!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get some star-tron.

Have you tried this stuff? I just did some research it sounds interesting!

I use to have to add 108+ to Sunoco 94 (back in the day) to my 67 Buick GS and that help alot with pinging and hard starts due to the 10.5 to 1 compression.

I could not find one station so far that did not have 10% Ethanol here in NYC

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you tried this stuff? I just did some research it sounds interesting!

I use to have to add 108+ to Sunoco 94 (back in the day) to my 67 Buick GS and that help alot with pinging and hard starts due to the 10.5 to 1 compression.

I could not find one station so far that did not have 10% Ethanol here in NYC

Yes I have. I use it on my dirtbike because the carburetor always got gunked up. It really does work wonders and now my bike runs better.