One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got 18.1 on a 100+ mile strictly freeway drive to the Bay area last weekend.

I hope i can get that sort of mileage on my cross country maiden voyage (damn truck better not shit the bed on me in the middle of no where with a bed full of wine).

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Best I averaged lately was 17.4 on a trip to Tuscon and back. I'm still surprised this thing does that well. I think that's the fun in it for me, seeing a truck with a V8 and 35's get 17-18mpg. I still remember owning an F150 with stock tires and a 300 I-6 that got like 9-10mpg back in HS. So it's cool to see the progress.

5.4 w/CAI scab btw.

Last edited:

Rabnud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been flooring it here and there, around 14.8/15 typically.
I have a 6.2 Screw that is stock.

Just a suggestion, can people post their engine, mods and cab up? Might help people that are looking for real world info.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best I averaged lately was 17.4 on a trip to Tuscon and back. I'm still surprised this thing does that well. I think that's the fun in it for me, seeing a truck with a V8 and 35's get 17-18mpg. I still remember owning an F150 with stock tires and a 300 I-6 that got like 9-10mpg back in HS. So it's cool to see the progress.

5.4 w/CAI scab btw.

I here ya... my last 150 got barely 10mpg with 35's on it. I get 14 city now but haven't really taking any long trips with it yet. Very soon tho- sled season starts I'll be takin 5 hr trips almost every weekend.

Ruger - I gotta agree with ya- if your worried bout gas mileage with a 4x4 then you should of bought yourself honda civic and jumped that lol.

Last edited:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ruger - I gotta agree with ya- if your worried bout gas mileage with a 4x4 then you should of bought yourself honda civic and jumped that lol.

while you've got your head that far up your ***, if you find any gold or money up there, mind if you can send me some if gas mileage is of zero concern to you?

Sorry for being harsh I just find those comments "if you're worried about gas mileage you should have bought a prius/civic/leaf/etc" as moronic as they can possibly get.

Who wouldn't prefer to get better mileage and save coin at the pump, and spend it on other things like mods or whatever. Now if somebody is griping that the raptor has too much suspension travel, too powerful an engine, too large a cabin, too capable a design, and overall starts describing a civic, then yes, should have bought a civic. But to want everything the raptor has and just wish it had better fuel economy. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's no different arguement to say to anybody who wants more horsepower, well you should have bought a ferrari. Just as idiotic of a statement.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before my previous fillup, I was getting 13.8mpg (continuous average computer readout).
I decided to try an experiment, but I should state that I was still in a "break-in" period (less than 600 miles at that time)

I had been running 93 octane (10% enthanol). After conversation with a guy monitoring his motor parameters, who said he had the lowest knock using 50% Mobil 93 octane, 50% ethanol free 89 octane, with a 91 octane tune (BTY, he found the most knock using Shell).

So I mixed approximately 50/50 Exxon 93 octane with ethanol free 89 octane (pricey stuff at $4.099/gal).

During the tank my mpg changed from 13.8 to 14.4 mpg.

So, since then I went back to 93 octane with 10% ethanol. after about 100 miles the mpg has dropped slightly to 14.3 mpg.

(my driving is a consistant as I am capable of doing)

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't driven the beast in a few weeks, but I think I can squeeze out an average of 16.2mpg if I baby the hell out of her. Driving like my normal ******* self, I get about 13.

6.2L Supercrew, Custom tune, AIRAID and Corsa.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
5400 miles never see anything above 9.5 on my 6.2L

I have tried 91 octane two fill ups in a row about a 1000 miles ago and there wasn't any change in MPG. So back to 93 I went.

Don't quote me on this but what I hear from the fuel truck guys is that refineries only produce one type of gas 93
the other octanes are just old gas that lost octane.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
Just curios, bit off topic, but what's the lowest octane you guys have available?

-Sent from my iPhone

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's someting interesting, two days ago I had to replace my battery because it shorted out (orange glow in the eye window).
So after posting last night, stated that I never seen anything above 9.5
I wanted to see this morning what the Average MPG was and it was up to 10.2.
I drove this morning about 40 miles to work, speed 75-80 mph, leaveing that screen on and watched the MPG go up about every 2 miles till it reached 12.0 MPG so far. I'll see if it goes up on the way home tonite.
I have never seen this kind of MPG and I've reset the MPG aleast twice in the past.

I'm guessing this was a bad battery from the start!!!!!

I wish they put in a volt meter or current meter in the instrument cluster so we know what the battery is doing or if the alternator is failing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs