One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokeylt

Reaction score
Great point Reptar

while you've got your head that far up your ***, if you find any gold or money up there, mind if you can send me some if gas mileage is of zero concern to you?

Sorry for being harsh I just find those comments "if you're worried about gas mileage you should have bought a prius/civic/leaf/etc" as moronic as they can possibly get.

Who wouldn't prefer to get better mileage and save coin at the pump, and spend it on other things like mods or whatever. Now if somebody is griping that the raptor has too much suspension travel, too powerful an engine, too large a cabin, too capable a design, and overall starts describing a civic, then yes, should have bought a civic. But to want everything the raptor has and just wish it had better fuel economy. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's no different arguement to say to anybody who wants more horsepower, well you should have bought a ferrari. Just as idiotic of a statement.

I am fixing to buy a Raptor and I would love to know any modifications I could make to save some coin, especially when they decide to raise the price of gas again, which i am sure will be soon.:waytogo:

Banned
Reaction score
For those of you wanting to sped less at the pumps.

Spend a week in Canada then go back home and it will seem like you're saving money :D

-Sent from my iPhone

MMC Racing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we owned the truck, I had never reset the MPG. In 11,000 we averaged 12.6. We went on a 1600 mile trip last week so I reset it. Lots of 80MPH highway miles and we averaged 14.1

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we owned the truck, I had never reset the MPG. In 11,000 we averaged 12.6. We went on a 1600 mile trip last week so I reset it. Lots of 80MPH highway miles and we averaged 14.1

+1 on 12.6mpg's
Roughly 2500 miles on a 2011 6.2
Running premium (91) at 5280 ft elevation.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All fuel (87-89-91-93) has at least 10% ethanol.
It is mandated by our govenment.
Less BTUs of heat per lb = crappy mileage.

I only have 29+ miles on my truck.
So, it will be interesting to see what mileage I'll get.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They did that to help farmers, corn can be grown anywhere. And they get a better price for their crop.

Identification

• Ethanol has 34 percent less energy than gasoline per gallon, which equates to about 2 to 3 miles less per gallon for E10 (10 percent ethanol), according to the New York Times.

Significance

• Many fuel stations put ethanol in gasoline automatically due to a U.S. law that demands 36 billion gallons of alternative fuel be made available in the United States by 2022.

Prevention/Solution

• Consumers who do not wish to use any amount of ethanol in their vehicle should look for gas stations that claim to sell only 100 percent pure gasoline.

I have to find one here in New York, I always thought 10% ethanol was better for my cars that is.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs