GEN 2 Cylinder 2 misfire…swapped coils and didn’t move

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hadlebfc

Reaction score
PO303 and sometimes P2303 causing misfiring on #3. When I first start the truck and rev it up a bit no codes and sounds fine and then I take it around the block and start to give it gas and it just starts misfiring like crazy and limp her home. Could bad cam phasers be causing this?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
PO303 and sometimes P2303 causing misfiring on #3. When I first start the truck and rev it up a bit no codes and sounds fine and then I take it around the block and start to give it gas and it just starts misfiring like crazy and limp her home. Could bad cam phasers be causing this?
No, forget the damn phasers and change out the fuel injectors on #3. It runs mostly on the port injectors most of the time until you accelerate, or at higher load/rpm. I can tell you almost the exact rpm/load and what % it gives more fuel through direct vs port if you take a data log. They’re both used a LOT, so it could be either/both injectors.

Hadlebfc

Reaction score
This is good info on the injectors! I’ll start with this and hopefully it resolves this issue rather than a top end rebuild that the shop is recommending! Any good link on injector replacement?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
This is good info on the injectors! I’ll start with this and hopefully it resolves this issue rather than a top end rebuild that the shop is recommending! Any good link on injector replacement?
Just order what you need from