One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Just averaged 17.2 on the drive from LA to PHX. For about the first hour my average showed 19.4. That's about the highest I've ever seen it for more than just a minute or two.

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have 1600+ miles on my 2012. Averaged 13.4 since day 1 and 14.5 on the current tank with 250 mikes on it.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm really loving the e-30 it says not to put over e-20 in but it works for me it's a nice octane % the next tank will be the 3rd of the e-30 still getting 12 that is off-road and wot in the mix haven't pushed for mileage yet how can you it's too much fun driving.

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hit 1000 miles on my 2012 SCrew and am avg 11.9, not bad considering it's very hilly here in Colorado. Looking to take it on a trip into the mountains in a couple of weeks and see how it does then.

raptor man

Reaction score
Mileage Help and solutions

I need some help guys. I drive from Seattle to Portland 3 times a week. I have been getting a constant 11.5 mph hand calculated. This Hurts!! I fill fuel at the same places every week. So I did a test for 6 trips. I folded my mirrors in and seem to have gained about .4 mpg. (11.9 now) I drive at night with the cruise set at 70 all the time.

So I am now looking for some more ideas. Everything helps with $4.10 per gallon gas.

thank you
Raptor Man

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you do the octane test? I saw another thread talking about the differences in octane and ethanol levels.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you could also try locking the transmission into 6th gear while on the highway with cruise control on... Just put the transmission in 6th gear in manual mode, it will keep the transmission from downshifting so much..

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing you need to do is put on your flame resistant suit for the inevitable 'If you have to think about gas mileage you shouldn't own a Raptor...'

Second, there are some people on here who get just ridiculous mileage that I cannot come close to (I'm all city driving for the most part) but I'm sure there is some good info in the longer threads if I remember correctly.

I did notice that when I tried the suggestion of putting the truck in manual, locking it in 6th and setting the cruise my mileage was pretty good! I think it was over 13 for that trip IIRC.

Good luck

~BGM

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airaid installed !

After installing a new intake kit, I am seeing a mile or two increase in mileage.A new free flowing Exhaust is next on the list ! :005: