One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every part is overbuilt with min, tolerances.parts like rods are cracked now not reammed like before to hold a perfect shape when bolted for just one example. Oil has gotten thinner because tolerances are so tight heavier oils can't lube areas.just saying believe it or not we tested and found the best oils, fuels,seals,ect,to give the best longest running motor we can. We may have found it would hold upto e80 but set the limit at 20 because people are going to do what they do. Enjoy it and i hope it lasts forever!

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wilson, check out the first half of this video... It'll tell you the adverse effects of ethanol.
What is Ethanol? Master Mechanic Discusses Engine Problems Caused by Water in Fuel - YouTube

While you may not experience immediate problems, you may experience some down the road that are fuel related. Think of this like smoking. You smoke a pack a day, but you never know when your bad habit of smoking is gonna kill you. Now, I'm not saying that the E30 is going to kill your engine, but it will damage it in some form whether it is sooner or later.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While you may not experience immediate problems, you may experience some down the road that are fuel related. Think of this like smoking. You smoke a pack a day, but you never know when your bad habit of smoking is gonna kill you. Now, I'm not saying that the E30 is going to kill your engine, but it will damage it in some form whether it is sooner or later.[/QUOTE]

true but any fuel source will do the same sooner or later parts wear crack fail.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Wilson, check out the first half of this video... It'll tell you the adverse effects of ethanol.
What is Ethanol? Master Mechanic Discusses Engine Problems Caused by Water in Fuel - YouTube

While you may not experience immediate problems, you may experience some down the road that are fuel related. Think of this like smoking. You smoke a pack a day, but you never know when your bad habit of smoking is gonna kill you. Now, I'm not saying that the E30 is going to kill your engine, but it will damage it in some form whether it is sooner or later.

wonder why he dint shake that one tube. he is trying to sell a product I'm just using it I wouldn't let any gas set over a year in any engine and if you do for years you clean it out and put new in all I'm saying is I use e-30 and it works have never had any of this happen I have used it for over 10 years.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 AM ----------

Every part is overbuilt with min, tolerances.parts like rods are cracked now not reammed like before to hold a perfect shape when bolted for just one example. Oil has gotten thinner because tolerances are so tight heavier oils can't lube areas.just saying believe it or not we tested and found the best oils, fuels,seals,ect,to give the best longest running motor we can. We may have found it would hold upto e80 but set the limit at 20 because people are going to do what they do. Enjoy it and i hope it lasts forever!

Thanks Blood
I'm not clamming to know anything other than I use e-30 and like it.
Did you do any research on the cleanness of and safeness of ethanol fuel verses fossil fuel. I know we can claim it takes some fossil fuel to make ethanol but it takes fossil fuel to make electricity and get the fossil fuel so what takes the lesser amount one thing is a given we need fossil fuel only problem is it's not renewable.

pkolanko

Reaction score
I'm get 39.2 MPG with my wife's civic hybrid while I wait for my Raptor to arrive :) I guess the best gas mileage will be when you don't drive it, but what's the fun in that?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
134 mile trip running e-30 18.8mpg average on the way but wind was to are backs 16mpg round trip average all together average speed 60mph.

Last edited:

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why is it that when I fill up at the gas station some (what appears to be semi intelligent) individual asks me: "What kind of fuel economy do you get with that thing?"

I told him "NONE" I just ride from gas station to gas station to get where I'm going... He chuckled, of course.

Just look at this beast and you should know the fuel ecomomy is going to suck so why ask? Just sayin'...

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why is it that when I fill up at the gas station some (what appears to be semi intelligent) individual asks me: "What kind of fuel economy do you get with that thing?"

I told him "NONE" I just ride from gas station to gas station to get where I'm going... He chuckled, of course.

Just look at this beast and you should know the fuel ecomomy is going to suck so why ask? Just sayin'...

You get it a lot more when driving a Hummer. When you tell them the actual fuel economy they are mindblown.