One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
about 1700 miles on it now put in e-30 hit the reset drove home 3 miles took it for a spin 24 miles couple wot but only for a few seconds average 13.9 when I got home but drove for mileage other than the few wot. 3.77 89 octane 3.62 e-30 over 93 octane. remember I'm not afraid to mod.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm surprised at your MPGs. I'd expect you to get at least 13MPG minimum.

Suggestion: Check your tire pressure and bump them up over the factory recommended 44psi. If it were me I'd go with 50psi cold.

You also might want to turn off the cruise control except when you're in the flats (level ground). The cruise will ensure you bomb up hills which is not a bad thing and it's good for making good time but if you've got a lot of steep hills you're gonna use more fuel keeping that beast at a steady 70MPH.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you are using your brakes to stop you are using fuel let off sooner keep it at or under 2000 rpm do yous your cruse to do that get up to speed and let off the excelerator don't do wot but get up their if you **** around you are using gas don't idle unnecessarily I am putting in e-30 have had no trouble it is the same as modding but would not put too much over that in a non ffv if you read your owner's manual it says they may not pay for some parts same as any mod I plan on modding my truck 6.2 raptor. I average 12 roding and 13.9 trying for mileage but have not been able to keep from wot for a full tank yet.

Last edited:

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are not in any hurry, slow down. I can get an extra mpg just from driving 65 mph. Every little bit helps.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are not in any hurry, slow down. I can get an extra mpg just from driving 65 mph. Every little bit helps.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

true that my instant mpg run in the 28-30 mpg a lot with cruse on at 55 that wind makes a big difference.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason it says not to use anything higher is the ethanol can damage your fuel system at higher amounts.its not written that way to keep you from helping out the farmers.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason it says not to use anything higher is the ethanol can damage your fuel system at higher amounts.its not written that way to keep you from helping out the farmers.

prove it I run e-30 in every thing and have yet to see damage at all I don't put any thing in but ethanol for an additive that is all you need octane=power I would never put any other form of additive in that is where you might run into trouble.
so e-19 will not harm your fuel system but by golly if you put in e-20 watch out your screwed lol.
I like the performance e-30 gives me and no I personally would not put any much over e-30 until they say which is EPA you can run e-30 than I might try e-40 or more. If your going to run more than e-30 you better get a pro to set up a tune by the way you can turn an ordinary car in to e-85 with a few parts that are already on cars now ie the ethanol safe components and a tune.
like I said I like the performance if you don't want it don't use it but stop saying it will damage your fuel system if you don't have proof how long dose it take to damage it 180,000 miles that is normal wear and tare. I have cars with over that and are not ffv and are still running great so you tell me when to expect ethanol to start damaging the fuel system.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do what ever you like, hell put oatmeal in it,at small amounts you will be fine correct?it's yours, just giving you the reason it says e-20. I build these engines as well have seen the difference in seals used for the Flex fuel systems and these, we have both and what ethanol does at higher limits. No it will not kill the seals in 5min, but it will degrade them much faster over time causing leaks and plugged injectors.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so that's ethanol with no other additive just to be shire I don't understand why I can get over 170,000 miles out of a non ffv with no problem I'm trying to be open but have run e-30 with no problems should and might drive the car until it quits and take it apart to see what it looks like only problem is it might take a few years but the tranny might go
P.S. I don't see the inside of engines so can't say any thing other than mine all work great.

Last edited: