New Vehicle Pet peeve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What dealer tailgate sticker are you guys talking about? Anyone got a pic? My dealer didn't do that.

OP
OP
R

Rogillio

Reaction score
Your right, it's important NOT to remove the Green one on the windshield from the factory. It's exclusive to the Raptor only, and would be a shame to take it off.

Do you really think a green Ford sticker on the windshield does anything more than the huge FORD in the front grill? Personally, I found the green a distraction as I look out the front windshield. I also don't like anything on the dash. My other 2 Ford trucks have a similar but smaller Dearborn Ford sticker.

Ford is the only US auto brand to not take the government bailout. I will never own anything but Ford vehicles the rest of my life.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

I think it's just a group of girls with their ******* in a bunch. Wait until they get some mud on their trucks.

Yeah, company advertisement stickers on your truck makes your truck very manly. Not sure why we even paint trucks.....

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford is the only US auto brand to not take the government bailout. I will never own anything but Ford vehicles the rest of my life.

It depends on your definition. OK, Ford didn’t file bankruptcy or get bailed out by Uncle Sam, but didn’t it receive $5.9 billion in low-cost government loans in 2009 to overhaul its factories and bring out more fuel-efficient technology? What would have happened to Ford if Congress hadn’t authorized taxpayer money to fund that $25 billion Energy Department program during a moment of crisis for the industry?

It’s hard to say, of course, but the fact is, with the aid of that taxpayer loan and a well-timed bank loan of $23 billion, Ford managed to tiptoe past the graveyard and avoid bankruptcy. Since then, it has run its business well and reduced its debt from $33.6 billion to $12.2 billion.

Still think Ford is the best of the rest, but IMO the reason for the Other bashing is maybe FORD feels competition from GM and Chrysler....

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you tell the dealer not to put it on and they do it anyways, they deserve to be treated ******. I am happy for you that you found a dealer you actually like. I personally don't think they exist.
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found my dealer to say what they mean and walk the walk. That is all I can expect as it is a business after all.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It depends on your definition. OK, Ford didn’t file bankruptcy or get bailed out by Uncle Sam, but didn’t it receive $5.9 billion in low-cost government loans in 2009 to overhaul its factories and bring out more fuel-efficient technology? What would have happened to Ford if Congress hadn’t authorized taxpayer money to fund that $25 billion Energy Department program during a moment of crisis for the industry?

It’s hard to say, of course, but the fact is, with the aid of that taxpayer loan and a well-timed bank loan of $23 billion, Ford managed to tiptoe past the graveyard and avoid bankruptcy. Since then, it has run its business well and reduced its debt from $33.6 billion to $12.2 billion.

Still think Ford is the best of the rest, but IMO the reason for the Other bashing is maybe FORD feels competition from GM and Chrysler....

Fred, don't forget Ford sold all their holdings to focus only on their one product. Also some of the money you mentioned from the government was not a loan but funds for research for batteries and other non fuel related operation. The bottom line is Ford was wise enough in their business operations to not need massive support from you and me. That is a fact and check Ford stock versus GM stock. That should speak volumes on how Ford operated during an economic downturn.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I like your point however a lone you pay back.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fred, don't forget Ford sold all their holdings to focus only on their one product. Also some of the money you mentioned from the government was not a loan but funds for research for batteries and other non fuel related operation. The bottom line is Ford was wise enough in their business operations to not need massive support from you and me. That is a fact and check Ford stock versus GM stock. That should speak volumes on how Ford operated during an economic downturn.

They still got Lincoln....why I have no idea as that line does not seem to be a good bet. Oh and don't forget their ownership in Mazda.

You miss the point...Ford still received funds from us the taxpayers, which IMO helped them weather the 2009 crisis. Yes ford was wise enough to do a lot of things correctly. The biggest of which was keeping their unfunded pension liabilities in check.

I will still bet a shinny nickel that Ford was lucky not smart in a lot of their moves that kept them from the The filing "B".

OP
OP
R

Rogillio

Reaction score
They still got Lincoln....why I have no idea as that line does not seem to be a good bet. Oh and don't forget their ownership in Mazda.

You miss the point...Ford still received funds from us the taxpayers, which IMO helped them weather the 2009 crisis. Yes ford was wise enough to do a lot of things correctly. The biggest of which was keeping their unfunded pension liabilities in check.

I will still bet a shinny nickel that Ford was lucky not smart in a lot of their moves that kept them from the The filing "B".

Ford CEO Alan Mulally was the former head of Boeing. IMO, he is largely responsible for many of the business decisions Ford has made recently that has kept them fiscally healthy.