New Vehicle Pet peeve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
No complaints here. I still have the dealer's name on the tailgate but then after buying from them at invoice, I decided I'd do a little advertising for them. Great dealer and hopefully I can get another someday at invoice again!

No complaints from me either, my dealer never puts stickers on my vehicles but for the price I got and since I dont like just a plate on the car I told them to go ahead and stick one of their plate covers on for a little advertising. I had my truck tinted so maybe thats why I dont notice the Sirius sticker but I really couldnt even tell you where it is.

The made in Dearborn sticker, yeah it should be bigger......

Now the 3 freakin stickers I need from the state on the other hand....

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't get the window stickers, but Line-X solved that little problem. Took it off the same way you did.

The dealer emblem on the tailgate can be removed with heat. I wouldn't use a heat gun - you might blister the paint. Your wife's hair drier will work just fine. Clean up with mineral spirits or gum spirits (lemon oil or orange oil furniture polish also works, just more slowly), and give it some wax. My 2011 has a steel tail gate skin. Check yours with a magnet before you start. If it's plastic, you'll want to keep that hair drier moving.

D

Deleted member 12951

Yes I hate the dealer advertising they put on the back. I always tell them not to put it on. Salesmen seems to always forget. I purchased a new Durango once and when I got there to pick it up they said they couldn't take it off, would scratch the paint. I told them I was walking away from the deal and my wife and I started walking out to our car. They let me get a few yards out the door before they came out and said they would take it off. Yeah, no scratches either. After everything was signed and done, I told them for being jerks, I was going to score them the lowest on the survey and tell as many as I could not to do business with their dealership. Years later that dealership changed ownership.

On my recent F-150 and first Ford they put it on the tailgate even after being told not to. I told them either take it off or I am walking or leave it on I will charge only $50 per month for advertisement and needed 3 years paid up front. They took it off. They put those plastic emblems ones on and watched them peel it off and some gum remover to clean it off. I told them to wash the truck and get some wax to go over the spot they cleaned with that remover, they did without question and no hassle.

If it was me, I would take it back to the dealership and have them remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told them when I ordered mine... DO NOT put a sticker on it. Its due to show up in a couple weeks, we'll see if they listened.

I told my dealer the same. No sticker no license plate bracket! Premium tank full and no swirl marks on the black paint!!

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You boys and girls need to stop by your nearest paint store and purchase a can of naphtha. It will remove whatever is sticky and on paint or glass. Took me about ten minutes to remover every sticker and decal.