New Tire Time, What's Good These Days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
KO2S are garbage. I wouldn't use them if they were free but that's just me.

I've found them a decent tire. At least OK at everything except mud, really good at nothing. If you're going to run specific conditions a lot, you probably want to swap them out. That said, if you get tires from a bad batch, they're going to suck, no matter who makes them. And you will hate them for life. But that's you, not the tires.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i had a set of K02 on my gen1, that I loved. they were really good in snow and ice, and sand.. I believe they were the higher load range, and a 35" with white letters on the inside..

I think its just the raptor specific K02s that wear premature and seem like no grip.

same thing happens with a lot of OEM motorcycle tires. a fresh set is a night and day difference compared to what comes on them from the factory

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've found them a decent tire. At least OK at everything except mud, really good at nothing. If you're going to run specific conditions a lot, you probably want to swap them out. That said, if you get tires from a bad batch, they're going to suck, no matter who makes them. And you will hate them for life. But that's you, not the tires.
Fair point - but it was literally a night and day difference moving to my Cooper AT3 XLTs

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with the KO's or two sets of KO2'S. I now have Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 35x12.5x17 Tires, load range "D" and like these more.

Same 50,000 mile warranty, rated TPMS and has two rain channels along with better side biters.

Attachments

• 20240614_103533.jpg
    20240614_103533.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 17

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair point - but it was literally a night and day difference moving to my Cooper AT3 XLTs
See, every set of Coopers I've had were trash. So to each their own, I guess.

KO2's are great for about 25-30k miles and then quickly go down hill from there. But, most AT's are like that. At least, in my experience.