NEED HELP: NY registration problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it was over 6000 pounds. Anyways my title said 7000 and thats why I have commercial plates on mine. I think its HS also. I wanted to keep the FAP 6060 plates off my Tahoe.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can it weigh that much less then a raptor supercab? Crazy. Is there any way around this? Can I register it as a suburban?

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

I'm gonna try a different DMV tomorrow

Yes. Move out of that state and stop giving them more of your money.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have commericial plates too... dam you guys are going to give me up. I'm still swingin the passenger plates. How much are you guys payin for reg- just got mine in today. 200 bucks for two years is horse shit.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So 500 for a year is gonna make you shit... All of those with non-commercial plates need to realize one very important thing as you drive around. If you get stopped and the officer does his job, notes you have no commercial plates and the weight shows over 5000 pounds, hmm you get towed right then right there. Its his job, thankfully most of them don't know there job. The state will then take the truck, your going to get a towing and storage bill that will look like the national debt, then comes fines and fees the state has failed to collect. Oh and the sworn statement you made when you registered it, lol Judge is going to have field day with you. Its better to get with the program then try to find a crack to fall in, butt its your crack on the line... lol...

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So 500 for a year is gonna make you shit... All of those with non-commercial plates need to realize one very important thing as you drive around. If you get stopped and the officer does his job, notes you have no commercial plates and the weight shows over 5000 pounds, hmm you get towed right then right there. Its his job, thankfully most of them don't know there job. The state will then take the truck, your going to get a towing and storage bill that will look like the national debt, then comes fines and fees the state has failed to collect. Oh and the sworn statement you made when you registered it, lol Judge is going to have field day with you. Its better to get with the program then try to find a crack to fall in, butt its your crack on the line... lol...

Jeez!!! Talk about a scary bedtime story!

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard of this?

I ordered my Raptor from a Dealer in Yonkers NY, and when i ordered in the salesman said that in order to keep my regular plates i would have to buy a cap for the raptor or at least send the DMV a receipt of purchase. Has anyone from New York had this experience or is the dealer just pulling my leg? If this is true could you guys recommend any cheap caps to look at? Thank you

justretired

Reaction score
In Pa you can't transfer a car plate to a truck. The price of the truck plate is based off the registered weight. My 3/4 ton Chevy , registered at 10,000lb, cost around $270 per year for the tag, and they are going up this year.
Not sure if you are going truck to truck with your plate, but that may have something to do with it ??????

Keamg5

Reaction score
Just got my raptor ,commercial plates almost got a parking ticket for parking a commercial vehicle in a residential neighborhood wtf.going to try and get pass plates tomorrow. By the way I live in the bronx

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In IL you can buy specialty plates to mask the b-truck plate but you still have some of the same restrictions. On top of this in Chicago you have to get a residential truck parking tag from the wards office but it's free so that's not so bad.