Gen 1 as the daily?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlboroman

Reaction score
Ended up going with it, got them to come down a few thousand and gave me $1500 over what my trade in was worth to other dealers. After far too long of looking, I finally pulled the trigger!

The ford dealer that did the warranty inspection (also bought the warranty through them) said it was a stupid clean solid truck so it gave me confidence along with what all you guys have said.

Has the Rousch exhaust so it’s plenty loud lol
Right on nice truck. Dealerships say that about every car on their lot. I’m not saying it’s in bad shape but am saying don’t trust they checked everything especially fluids. My truck supposedly went thru the 120 point check or whatever had all fluids changed plugs and shocks. Long story short nothing was done or checked but it did have 1 new shock.

stevenstommyboy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up going with it, got them to come down a few thousand and gave me $1500 over what my trade in was worth to other dealers. After far too long of looking, I finally pulled the trigger!

The ford dealer that did the warranty inspection (also bought the warranty through them) said it was a stupid clean solid truck so it gave me confidence along with what all you guys have said.

Has the Rousch exhaust so it’s plenty loud lol
Sweet truck. To me the best feature is the tire shine.

OP
OP
F

F1502raptor

Reaction score
Right on nice truck. Dealerships say that about every car on their lot. I’m not saying it’s in bad shape but am saying don’t trust they checked everything especially fluids. My truck supposedly went thru the 120 point check or whatever had all fluids changed plugs and shocks. Long story short nothing was done or checked but it did have 1 new shock.

Very true, the selling dealers are always saying how good their vehicles are lol. That is the main reason I took it to a ford dealer that sell warranties and had them do the inspection (truck was for sale at a Mercedes dealer)

I crawled all over/under the truck and really can’t find much. Only thing I could find is some rear diff seepage (not from the pinion), no drips on the floor after 20 hours sitting in my garage so I’m thinking of cleaning it off and seeing if it is leaking or if it came from when it was refilled.

No dings/dents in the skid plates, no rust including surface, no mud in hard to reach places where people don’t typically clean. It is a 10 year old truck so not perfect but I couldn’t find much wrong with it which is the only reason I considered paying as much as I did haha

Attachments

• IMG_5759.jpeg
    IMG_5759.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
OP
OP
F

F1502raptor

Reaction score
A Nice truck is like a Nice A$$. You gonna turn and look every time you see one.
Nice Truck!!!!

The tire shine is strong with this one.

Haha yes the shine is STRONG! The detail company that does their cars used waaaat too much. Even whipped off the extra

Currently doing research on a tire cleaner I can use in a regular basis because this truck will see dirt roads so the tires will get dusty quick

Reaction score
I also DD my 2014 Gen 1 w/ 184,000. Love it. Bought it with 109,000. Rebuilt the shocks myself (I'm a tech), replaced the LF lower ball joint, replaced the valve springs (one broke while I was driving @ 170,000ish - no big deal, easy job), on my second set of new tires, adding the caster/camber adjustment kits soon = all pretty normal stuff for a high mileage vehicle. Of course my perspective is relative to the catastrophic failures I see on new cars daily at the BMW dealer where I'm employed. I'm driving the Raptor to Colorado in September without any hesitation. I love the Gen 1 Raptor and I' hoping to buy more of them in the near future.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 is a Great solid truck. I have 190,000 miles on it all it needs is routine maintenance stuff. Mine is a 2011, only parts I have replaced on it were the shocks and Molded lead frame just recently crapped out on it but no biggie in getting it replaced and only 1 coil pack went out on it. Thats it just routine maintenance meaning all fluids and plugs. Like someone mentioned before it just doesn't have the techy stuff. Im not a techy guy. Its more important for me to have good Reliability and has more enough power to get in trouble with. The 4:10 gears really throws it around pretty good. I added a little bolt on HP with Kooks Long Tube Headers and Roush CAI and custom tune on a Eddy Current Dyno and it Really Woke it up