Lead Frame Recall 06-14-2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj30417

CRZYCHK
Reaction score
I’ve been reading this thread from the start and appears the update is causing more problems than it is fixing and taking way longer than I expected on each truck. When I had my update done on my 2011, it took less than an hour and never caused any other issues. So I ask, what is so different about the update for the 2014 trucks?

Marlboroman

Reaction score
How would this affect the the supercharged crowd that can’t fo back to stock and drive over? Flash a stock tune, ford flashes there update, then back to custom without a key start? Or better yet from the driveway?

Whoops

Reaction score
Anyone with a Roush get this update yet? My local dealer said I have to contact Roush first. Roush said they need to email something to the dealer

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone with a Roush get this update yet? My local dealer said I have to contact Roush first. Roush said they need to email something to the dealer
Took mine in to the dealer this morning the truck wasn't recognized. so..... I am going to make some calls...... stay tuned. The truck has a the stock tune and never has had an aftrermarket tune other than what Roush put on it.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK.......so I have called/went to see. 4 different dealers none of them want to touch it because it is a Roush. I spoke to Roush they were easy to deal with and gave me exact instructions what to do. but the dealers do not want any part of it. so going to keep searching I guess.

Whoops

Reaction score
OK.......so I have called/went to see. 4 different dealers none of them want to touch it because it is a Roush. I spoke to Roush they were easy to deal with and gave me exact instructions what to do. but the dealers do not want any part of it. so going to keep searching I guess.
Thanks for the update. Pretty similar to what I'm running into. When I spoke with Roush they made it sound simple. I haven't been back to the dealer yet.

mtnghost

Reaction score
How would this affect the the supercharged crowd that can’t fo back to stock and drive over? Flash a stock tune, ford flashes there update, then back to custom without a key start? Or better yet from the driveway?
Can’t do the update without wiping the SC tune. Need to get with your tuner or supercharger company. Well you can but the update wipes the SC tune. That’s why no one wants to touch them. Without the tune the SC could blow the engine.

Marlboroman

Reaction score
Can’t do the update without wiping the SC tune. Need to get with your tuner or supercharger company. Well you can but the update wipes the SC tune. That’s why no one wants to touch them. Without the tune the SC could blow the engine.
Right, I guess my my question is more if they can just flash all that without a key start. Like how I can flash with sct without a key start from stock to custom back to stock. I haven’t actually put my procharger on yet. When the recall came out my initial feeling was to stay the **** away because the truck runs to good. Never had any tranny issues in over 220k miles. I am tuned for headers but the procharger is just sitting waiting to be installed.